Bitwig NAMM 2019 videos

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Enkerli wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 pmIt’s interesting that Dave was hesitating on the number of grid types (and he did specify that these are the three types right now).
We're at least 4-5 months ahead of release, so that's not really surprising.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yeah looks good but all those demos sound horrible :D

nbyte wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:16 pm I have asked on the bitwig facebook site, if it is possible to manipulate midi notes too! One Bitwig official said, that at this point the mainly focus is on audio and modulation signal. But The Grid concept can be expanded in all direction...
somebody should request a MiGiC like device till it happens :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWVFtHdCyas
(it's on 50% sales now)
Last edited by xbitz on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

dekonstruktiv wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:51 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:46 amHas that really happened, i.e. they've granted someone an update if their plan has ran out just few days prior to it?
yeah. iirc i got the 2.4 update although my plan did run out a bit before that.
That might happen, but still, nobody should expect that as policy. Antic is right. It is if you have an active subscription when it is officially released.

Hez wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:06 pm So far the gui looks amazing and I'm very hopeful for the future development of The Grid!

However, the actual audio tools so far look slightly limited. In the oscillators section in the second video I only saw sine/triangle/square/sawtooth and couldn't see any other sound source type options in the other groups. I'm unsure at this point how deeply ingrained the phase side of things is, hopefully we can at least manipulate these oscillators a lot by screwing with phase signals before "running" the oscillators? Also doesn't look like we'll be able to get crazy with samples yet, which is a huge part of what makes Reaktor an interesting environment for me.

It does look like a fantastic framework though with so much potential.
Yeah, that is what I saw too... just a few basic waveforms. It's early days however...

I'm sure more modules will be added with further updates. The same how it was with modulators.

What's more important now is the core framework. Everything should be smooth, PDC working, no engine crashes.

Enrize wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:37 pm I'm sure more modules will be added with further updates. The same how it was with modulators.

What's more important now is the core framework. Everything should be smooth, PDC working, no engine crashes.
+1

and it looks so fast and easy to work with!

I'm happy to see them still focusing on touch in their presentations!

It makes me hopeful this "bug" will get addressed eventually (sorry for my voice/accent)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvxwis-d3w
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:58 pm I'm happy to see them still focusing on touch in their presentations!
Me to !! :tu:

Looks very good doesn’t it, I like the way you can drop a module on a patch point and it wires it in.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 pm Looks very good doesn’t it, I like the way you can drop a module on a patch point and it wires it in.
yes... plus replace a module and it is still wired too... and do it all while it is playing!!

Yes, this redefines what can be done ‘live’
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I want to hear what other changes are to Bitwig 3 other than the grid...

Last edited by Broken on Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

sufista wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:57 pm I want to hear what other changes are to Bitwig 3 other than the grid...
I think the Grid is it... and it is enough by itself

Return to “Bitwig”