Is Bitwig dying?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

apoclypse wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:18 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 am
dellboy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:48 am...has "Keyboard Shortcuts" right where one would expect to find it, under "Help", not in a hidden away "Settings" menu.
Well, it'd never occur to me to look for keyboard shortcuts in Help menu, unless it's somehow a OSX thing?

But OK, the discussion now goes beyond ridiculous, as we argue which DAW is more intuitive and has better workflow based on where it's keyboard shortcuts settings are. At least we can establish that Live or Reason have terrible workflow, since neither lets you modify the shortcuts ;) :P
I don't think he was arguing that at all but for some reason you seem to be. It's perfectly natural for someone to not know where things are when first using something unfamiliar.
yeah... just seemed like he was describing his own experience...

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:25 pmyeah... just seemed like he was describing his own experience...
...as an example of why Bitwig is un-intuitive. But OK.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The only non intuitive part of bitwig for me is groove besides that I love the work flow.

dellboy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:53 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm
A software can't be great at everything, which Cubase is a great example of - it's super powerful, but it's also cluttered and messy, because it has every option you can imagine, but probably the top 20% of features are only used by 1% (or less) of people. Bitwig's MO is to limit the features to those 80% and make them easy, fast and intuitive to use instead of menu diving, jumping through several windows, etc.
I will have to fire up my Bitwig 8 track again to confirm that its intuitive, but my memory from my last use of it did not give that impression. On the other hand I have Live lite 10 and I find that very easy to use. As for Cubase being cluttered and messy I have not found it to be so after installing it today and finding my way around. In fact I was just thinking how powerful it is and somehow being super easy to use at the same time.
Whereas I don't find either of them intuitive.

https://bitwiggers.com/ just another new Bitwig site

Bitwig is taking over KVR, every time I come here there are 5 or 6 bitwig posts in the latest discussions... it will only get busier when 3 is out of beta and everyone can try it...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Forget it about BWS dying.
I have already 3 casualties:
Live 10, SO 4 and Reason.
All uninstalled. (And many more that were barely used anymore).

Dying.... give me a break!
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

SLiC wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:14 pm https://bitwiggers.com/ just another new Bitwig site

Bitwig is taking over KVR, every time I come here there are 5 or 6 bitwig posts in the latest discussions... it will only get busier when 3 is out of beta and everyone can try it...
And there's also this one - https://www.bitwigbits.com/ - but I prefer the one you posted. Good time to be Bitwig user! :)
Music tech enthusiast

It really is....it’s an amazing journey and genuinely exciting times. Once the Grid is released (it seems so stable I can see it being released in June) we will probably only have to wait another 3 or 4 months before we get another big update in 3.1, the mind boggles, there is simply no other DAW developing at this pace and in such interesting ways, :party:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:27 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:25 pmyeah... just seemed like he was describing his own experience...
He made it clear it was unintuitive to him. Not sure why that has to be defended or argued about. Are people not allowed to not like what you like?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Casualties for me:

- FL Studio
- Logic

It’s a fun tool to use, but missing too many necessary features. I’m not sure why they keep focusing on sound design features when there are plenty of 3rd party plugins that do it way better. I hope they switch to tooling and midi/audio editing features after 3.0. Bitwig could easily become the best future daw if they just change their feature priority a bit. If they don’t change their focus, then yes, the company could go out of business. That’s how business works. If you lose customers, you lose your business. :neutral:

joeballs wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:51 am It’s a fun tool to use, but missing too many necessary features. I’m not sure why they keep focusing on sound design features when there are plenty of 3rd party plugins that do it way better. I hope they switch to tooling and midi/audio editing features after 3.0. Bitwig could easily become the best future daw if they just change their feature priority a bit. If they don’t change their focus, then yes, the company could go out of business. That’s how business works. If you lose customers, you lose your business. :neutral:
What pompous rubbish... because Bitwig doesn't do what you want they are going to go out of business?

Bitwig is doing just fine and the user base is growing. And you don't have a clue what their focus is or what their roadmap is.

apoclypse wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:18 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:27 pm
He made it clear it was unintuitive to him. Not sure why that has to be defended or argued about. Are people not allowed to not like what you like?
Let's rewind a bit, shall we? This is a topic about whether or not Bitwig is dying and the guy is saying it's unintuitive, backing it up with a SINGLE example that he had to hunt for keyboard shortcuts because they were not in Help or Edit menus. I'm disputing that huge leap in reasoning, not the fact that it's his own experience which - I thought - shouldn't need explaining on an internet forum? Unless the poster provides statistically valid survey/poll data to back their opinion up, it's always user's opinion based on their own experience...
Music tech enthusiast

joeballs wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:51 am That’s how business works.
:lol:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

equinoxide wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:58 am Casualties for me:

- FL Studio
- Logic
Casualties for me:

- Maschine
- Reaper
- Windows

Although, Reaper has come to Linux, so should I find myself doing sessions, maybe.

Return to “Bitwig”