Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

clip gain keyb assignment and pan aswell
split by grid
extend minimum clip loop length to 1/128 when change by drugging line
deeper vertical zoom out

Puddi wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:34 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:17 pmworks here...

use the time tool to select the first 2 bars, Cmd-D (Mac) duplicates it into the second 2 bars.
Yeah, but that also duplicates the audio information behind the envelopes which is totally useless in this case.
Put points at start and end, select normally all the points (not time). ctrl-d.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Oh, at first I was confused, but then I saw that it's about audio event automation inside the clip, not automation panel. Yeah, seems like no way of copying or duplicating just the automations there.

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:29 pm
Put points at start and end, select normally all the points (not time). ctrl-d.
Not at the computer right now but does that really work? Obviously I've already tried selecting points and then hit ctrl-d.

I think so.
dupe_automation1.PNG
dupe_automation2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good chance I've completely misunderstood the problem though.

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:06 pm Good chance I've completely misunderstood the problem though.
yes, you're doing it with automation lanes, not with audio events. I'd say Puddi didn't describe his problem correctly, as it's not about clip automations, but audio event automations.

Oh right. Expressions. Never use them. Except onsets.

x.iso wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:43 pm yes, you're doing it with automation lanes, not with audio events. I'd say Puddi didn't describe his problem correctly, as it's not about clip automations, but audio event automations.
I thought the picture was clear enough, but maybe not. Either way I hope they can fix this since it's just stupid.

Puddi wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:34 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:17 pmworks here...

use the time tool to select the first 2 bars, Cmd-D (Mac) duplicates it into the second 2 bars.
Yeah, but that also duplicates the audio information behind the envelopes which is totally useless in this case.
Use the Automation Editor Window...

x.iso wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:43 pm
Karbon L. Forms wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:06 pm Good chance I've completely misunderstood the problem though.
yes, you're doing it with automation lanes, not with audio events. I'd say Puddi didn't describe his problem correctly, as it's not about clip automations, but audio event automations.
Oh, yeah... with audio events it duplicates everything... however with clip automation you can duplicate just the automation.

I like the idea of automation clips and being able to manipulate them the same way you can with audio/MIDI clips. Duplicate, time stretch, save to library, etc. It makes perfect sense to me. And very Bitwig. (Apologies to Jo at Mutools)

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:55 pmUse the Automation Editor Window...
Still not what I want.

I just want to be able to copy and duplicate the gain/pan/pitch/formant envelopes inside an audio clip. It seems like a pretty simple fix so hopefully Bitwig will address it in the future.
jonljacobi wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 pm I like the idea of automation clips and being able to manipulate them the same way you can with audio/MIDI clips. Duplicate, time stretch, save to library, etc. It makes perfect sense to me. And very Bitwig. (Apologies to Jo at Mutools)
+1

I like how automation items work in Reaper so it would be cool to have something similar in Bitwig.

Puddi wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:34 am
pdxindy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:55 pmUse the Automation Editor Window...
Still not what I want.

I just want to be able to copy and duplicate the gain/pan/pitch/formant envelopes inside an audio clip. It seems like a pretty simple fix so hopefully Bitwig will address it in the future.
Up to you whether you want to use the existing features or not...

For feature requests you should email support so they know.

Puddi wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:34 amI like how automation items work in Reaper so it would be cool to have something similar in Bitwig.
+1

Return to “Bitwig”