select all clips/events within loop . shortcut . how to achieve that

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i can't really figure out how to select all clips within looped section with one key command. all DAWs have it and use it a lot in other DAWs . i've been trying a while now . is there a key-command to do it?

Has anyone figured this out??

Just put your cursor in any clip near the edge of the grouping you want to select. Then press and hold Alt while you click your left mouse button and drag to highlight all the clips you want to select. Let go of the mouse button and the Alt key and there ya go.

^^^ this, or my preferred method - switch to Time Selection tool (hit '2') and select time on the beat ruler up top. This is also how you can insert or remove "time" in your arrangement (with right click menu).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Would be nice if a double-click on the loop bar would select everything under it, I mean... why not? The more functional the GUI is, the better.

Scoox wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:23 pm Would be nice if a double-click on the loop bar would select everything under it, I mean... why not? The more functional the GUI is, the better.
Agreed. This something I do ALL THE TIME (working on a loop, selecting it all, duplicating it). It should be a shortcut.

Oh, so everytime i'm missing a basic feature (which most other DAWs have), and google it, i will find a forum entry somewhere, YEARS OLD... in which other people already took notice of the missing feature and surely reported it to Bitwig... come on! I put all my hopes in Bitwig 6 becoming a DAW-core-update. Otherwise i'd be highly disappointed.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

nowiamone wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:49 am Oh, so everytime i'm missing a basic feature (which most other DAWs have), and google it, i will find a forum entry somewhere, YEARS OLD... in which other people already took notice of the missing feature and surely reported it to Bitwig... come on! I put all my hopes in Bitwig 6 becoming a DAW-core-update. Otherwise i'd be highly disappointed.
I think Bitwig has put a lot of effort into developing modulators and plugins which of course is great, but some of the core features are still work-in-progress. I used to have have high hopes for Bitwig but eventually I bought Ableton Live. When Bitwig releases an update I check it out without any expectations. If one day it's ready for prime time I might buy it, but for now I feel Ableton is a better rounded DAW for my needs.
Last edited by Scoox on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nowiamone wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:49 am Oh, so everytime i'm missing a basic feature (which most other DAWs have), and google it, i will find a forum entry somewhere, YEARS OLD... in which other people already took notice of the missing feature and surely reported it to Bitwig... come on! I put all my hopes in Bitwig 6 becoming a DAW-core-update. Otherwise i'd be highly disappointed.
Every Bitwig update is a DAW-core-update. Seems like Bitwig has a different vision of what that means than you do... and they keep following their vision. So if you have hopes of them being different than they are, which they have been consistent about, I suspect you will be highly disappointed.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:04 pm
Every Bitwig update is a DAW-core-update. Seems like Bitwig has a different vision of what that means than you do... and they keep following their vision. So if you have hopes of them being different than they are, which they have been consistent about, I suspect you will be highly disappointed.
Just today, I had lunch with a gentleman who owns a manufacturing business. During our conversation, he shared a valuable thought: "At times, you may have a vision, but the market often has a very different vision, and you have to adapt."

Off the top of my head resizeable faders is a popular feature request. Is that considered a core feature? I guess it depends who you ask, but it's a fact it has been requested many times. Maybe I'm in the minority but I am not interested in any more modulators and plugins until every niggle, inconsistency and annoyance has been fixed.

Scoox wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:58 pm Just today, I had lunch with a gentleman who owns a manufacturing business. During our conversation, he shared a valuable thought: "At times, you may have a vision, but the market often has a very different vision, and you have to adapt."
What about the tens, hundreds, if not thousands of founders that kept true to their vision despite what everyone else were saying, and were successful because they didn't listen? (https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesasqui ... ad98dd4a97)

There's absolutely no need to adapt to anything if you don't want to. Whether that's going to lead to your success or your demise is something you can only determine after the established fact.

From my experience being true to your vision leads to disaster, it would be good to have the metrics of failure to success.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

BobDog wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:15 pm From my experience being true to your vision leads to disaster, it would be good to have the metrics of failure to success.
In my case, I was the first in my industry to implement a completely different manufacturing method. It was the hardest time in my life… 3 years on the edge of closing down and send home my workforce.

I believed in my vision and methods and finally it happened: Almost everyone now, in my industry, is using the same process and we all thrive, which is a very healthy thing.

No easy, but keep your eyes on the compass and eventually you reach your destination.

Now all the “noise” stopped :wink:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Scoox wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:58 pm Just today, I had lunch with a gentleman who owns a manufacturing business. During our conversation, he shared a valuable thought: "At times, you may have a vision, but the market often has a very different vision, and you have to adapt."
And other people, some successful, have said the opposite.

And really, this sort of discussion is pointless in this specific. None of us in this case know what the so called vision of the market even is. We also don't know Bitwig's plans or 90% of the factors that cause them to choose what to do and when to do it.

What I have noticed is that plenty of users/posters loudly proclaim why it would be to Bitwig's advantage to implement the feature they happen to want. And of course from the other direction that Bitwig courts doom if they don't listen to the demands of that user. :hihi:

liquidsound wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:30 pm
BobDog wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:15 pm From my experience being true to your vision leads to disaster, it would be good to have the metrics of failure to success.
In my case, I was the first in my industry to implement a completely different manufacturing method. It was the hardest time in my life… 3 years on the edge of closing down and send home my workforce.

I believed in my vision and methods and finally it happened: Almost everyone now, in my industry, is using the same process and we all thrive, which is a very healthy thing.

No easy, but keep your eyes on the compass and eventually you reach your destination.

Now all the “noise” stopped :wink:
Honestly, I think Bitwig's vision is generally well-received. My complaint here is that half-baked features remain so after many years. There is always time and resources to develop new modulators, plugins and fancy, complicated stuff, but never to fix the workflow niggles. Presonus also started doing this after S1 v3.

Return to “Bitwig”