Bitwig Studio 16-Track - unlimited VST, 16 tracks. 99 USD or less...

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Limiting audio export to 16 bit is a strange choice, considering the asking price.

It will record internally at the bitrate you choose I believe, the according to the announcement, the restriction only concerns export. It's 27% of the price of the full product, so they had to cut some things, what would you have preferred to lose instead?`

anoise wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:18 pm Limiting audio export to 16 bit is a strange choice, considering the asking price.
Yes, when you consider that Steinberg Cubase LE allows 32 bit audio export and its more or less free.

Even the free Tracktion 7 allows 32 bit audio export.

I just checked and the free Bandlab Sonar DAW allows audio export at a mind boggling 64 bit @ 192000 sample rate :o

Its a given that when people see lower numbers than the competitors they're going to be iffy, look elsewhere and or be disappointed by it. It doesn't matter if it's a legit concern or not. People like the latest numbers.

Bad move imo.

Bitwig gonna Bitwig.
-JH

Taika-Kim wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm what would you have preferred to lose instead?`
Clip launcher and some built-in effects/instruments :)

dellboy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:06 pm In this day and age do professional studios require at least 24 bit stems before they will consider mixing and mastering a clients work ?
If you can afford a professional studio...

The "only" limitation should be 16 track limit.

I hope Bitwig Team will rethink this and maybe get rid of other limitations in the future.

Maykie wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm The "only" limitation should be 16 track limit.

I hope Bitwig Team will rethink this and maybe get rid of other limitations in the future.
And do you really honestly think that would be enough of a limit to warrant a 75% discount, come on...

"Includes 12 months of free upgrades." - Does anyone know what another year will cost?

Taika-Kim wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 am
Maykie wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm The "only" limitation should be 16 track limit.

And do you really honestly think that would be enough of a limit to warrant a 75% discount, come on...
To answer your question with a question........

If it was the only limitation would you sell your full version and downgrade to the 16 track version ?

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:48 pm
dellboy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:06 pm In this day and age do professional studios require at least 24 bit stems before they will consider mixing and mastering a clients work ?
If you can afford a professional studio...
Hmmm, I have been unable to find out if Bitwig 16 track allows 32\24 bit audio recording.

If that was the case, and the receiving studio had Bitwig installed then they could import the whole song and export the finished master at 16 bit.

And if someone owned Bitwig 16 track and recorded at 24 bit and wanted to master in house on their own machine and export at 16 bit its not a deal breaker.

But if it only allows recording at 16 bit, then no thanks at any price.

Considering Bitwig supports multiple MIDI channels per track together with Instrument, FX & Note Layers / Selectors 16 tracks is not a limitation at all :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

16-track has only 2 groups max, and does not have selectors. But still people complaining is a bit funny because we're talking about 99€ vs 379€ here.

Taika-Kim wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:30 pm 16-track has only 2 groups max, and does not have selectors. But still people complaining is a bit funny because we're talking about 99€ vs 379€ here.
I think the main point is not 99€ vs 379€ but rather 99€ compared to £74 for Cubase Elements, £69 for Live 10 Intro and £69 for Reason 11 Intro which are all arguably better deals.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Taika-Kim wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:30 pm 16-track has only 2 groups max, and does not have selectors. But still people complaining is a bit funny because we're talking about 99€ vs 379€ here.
So I guess your answer to be no thanks, I could not live with 16 tracks ?

Where are you getting 379 euros from ?

In the UK I could have bought the 8 track Bitwig upgrade to full Bitwig from JJR shop for around 205 euro last year.

Return to “Bitwig”