How to Normalise Audio

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recorded an audio track and right clicked to normalise it, only its not there. Neither could I find it in edit or any other obvious places.

I fired up help and looked for an index so I could quickly look up "normalise" - but an index function list does not appear to exist. Did I miss it ?

A Google search has drawn a blank.

Can Bitwig normalise audio ?

No, not that I know of but you can turn up the gain in the inspector.
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:28 pm No, not that I know of but you can turn up the gain in the inspector.
Thanks, that did it.

To save starting another thread - is there a way to "auto-arm" a clip for recording in the same way Live works ?

In Live I use my keypad to select a track and the clip is "auto-armed" for recording waiting for the keypad return button to be hit.

The only way I can find to arm the clip for recording in Bitwig is to use the mouse.

dellboy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:51 pm To save starting another thread - is there a way to "auto-arm" a clip for recording in the same way Live works ?

In Live I use my keypad to select a track and the clip is "auto-armed" for recording waiting for the keypad return button to be hit.

The only way I can find to arm the clip for recording in Bitwig is to use the mouse.
Have you tried the Settings / Recording / Auto-arm?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Normalizing audio is important to me and my workflow. For a long time I moaned about Bitwig missing this feature, which is true. However, there is such an easy work-around that I just discovered. I right click (Mac) and Reveal File. Then I simply drag that .wav file into my external editor, nornalize, and save. The file is now updated in Bitwig. Voila!! I won't moan about the feature any longer. Great job, Bitwig, for making it easy to manipulate externally. ;-)

Return to “Bitwig”