3.2 (Beta 1) is OUT!!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haven't open it yet but it's looking a lot better than I expected. There's a lot of useful little things and at least one of my wishes has been fulfilled: The Drum Machine Return channels. YES! :clap: No more rigging return channels on the pads themselves. Now the Drum Machine needs that MIDI follow option that Live has and it will be set. That little feature is so useful. Hit pad/key on controller and it selects and displays the chain for that pad automatically. That's some workflow magic. I've requested it before, hopefully they'll add it one day. :pray: I'm looking forward to checking out that Saturator and New EQ, I hope they kick ass. I always prefer to go native when possible. New modes for Selector containers looks like fun, I don't know if I'll ever use it but it's cool. While still nothing on some comp and or piano roll/MIDI mojo it's still all around a pretty good update. I'll likely move on from 3.0.3 when this out of beta.

Edit: oops, turns out my plan is no longer active. Shit. :lol: I'm going to have to wait. I'm saving every penny right now in case things get really bad.
Last edited by JHernandez on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-JH

Had some fun abusing the new Saturator & EQ+...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avukkm90rvdxq ... e.flv?dl=0

Just saw this, will download the beta today and start playing with it. But just looking at the descriptions of the new additions, I'm grateful to the devs for 3.2. IMO, there is quite a bit in this release, all useful!

Also, I suspect development is not as easy as usual with everyone working from home. So, Bitwig = badass! Stay safe everyone, and enjoy 3.2!!
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:41 pm There seems to be a problem in playback of MIDI devices. I've got a track with Serum playing through Klevgrand Modley delay. At the moment there are just a couple of bars and it plays fine on 3.1.3. If I try to play in 3.2b1, only the first bar plays and the second bar is silent.

I don't know if this is just a problem with Serum, but I've extracted the parts into a separate test project and substituted the Modley delay for a BWS Delay-2. I've also added a Phase-4 track with the same MIDI parts (+ an octave). That track seems to play consistently. If I mess around with the Mute and Solo settings for the two synth tracks, I can sometimes get the Serum synth to be audible but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Is there any chance someone with Serum could try out the attached project in 3.2b1 and see if they can confirm my results before I notify Bitwig and XferRecords.
same. Native Instruments & Tone2 Synths, too.

guys, is it just me or are the saturator demo's REALLY good sounding.. dunno ... I remember older demo sounds were a bit dull, but these had me groovin...

keel wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:31 pm
abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:22 pm
keel wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:20 pm No shortcut key for VSTi :(
What is it supposed to be?
Serious? Option to define shortcut key to open/close the VSTi. Like you are on piano roll and you want to do some changes, hit the key, it will pop up the VSTi gui, hit the key again, it close the gui. No need to jump between the panels all the time. Bitwig support told me that it is already in their to do list, so it will come.. Some day.. Hopefully fast :pray:
This will be in 3.2 Beta 2. The "Toggle Device Window" shortcut will now work all the time not just when the device chain is focused. So if you are in the note editor and use it it will work on the current track and current selected device within that track.

Offenz wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:38 pm same. Native Instruments & Tone2 Synths, too.
I've just this second sent an email to beta@bitwig.com. I don't know if they'll have a chance to do anything before they knock off for the weekend. I'll post back with any news.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

nickallen wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:42 pm
keel wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:31 pm
abique wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:22 pm
keel wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:20 pm No shortcut key for VSTi :(
What is it supposed to be?
Serious? Option to define shortcut key to open/close the VSTi. Like you are on piano roll and you want to do some changes, hit the key, it will pop up the VSTi gui, hit the key again, it close the gui. No need to jump between the panels all the time. Bitwig support told me that it is already in their to do list, so it will come.. Some day.. Hopefully fast :pray:
This will be in 3.2 Beta 2. The "Toggle Device Window" shortcut will now work all the time not just when the device chain is focused. So if you are in the note editor and use it it will work on the current track and current selected device within that track.
How you can know that? Are you working for Bitwig? Sorry, but I am new to Bitwig, I don't know :phones:

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:43 pm I've just this second sent an email to beta@bitwig.com. I don't know if they'll have a chance to do anything before they knock off for the weekend. I'll post back with any news.
Got the same issue with Xfer serum and also with a VSTfx ArtsAcoustics Reverb.

Yep, Nick is part of the Bitwig team : )

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:43 pm I've just this second sent an email to beta@bitwig.com. I don't know if they'll have a chance to do anything before they knock off for the weekend. I'll post back with any news.
Thanks. This playback error causes drone madness :(

Very nice indeed. Luckily i'm at home this weekend so I can tested it. (i'm only misses a tuner device for my hardware synths). But chapeau.
Don't call me a D.J.
I make my own music.

There is something weird on Arpeggiator. I get a lot of hanging notes here. Nothing is playing, but the arpeggio is keep playing. I guess it is also mess up the whole midi for the current track. I mean, it doesnt react anymore to the keys you play on your midi keyboard. Only way to get this reset, is to delete the whole track. Now I have these hanging arpeggio notes even I deleted whole arpeggio device. If I turn the synth, in this case Sylenth off, the sounds cut. But if I turn the synth on, same arpeggio fill continue forever. I cannot explain, it just acting super weird.

Guys, please make time selection value display in hh:mm:ss format, not just in seconds. 274.286 seconds is not really helpful ;)

Last edited by Enrize on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offenz wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 pm
Thanks. This playback error causes drone madness :(
I suspect I'm going to have a weekend of Bitwig-only-devices music-making 😉
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Return to “Bitwig”