Bitwig 4 - what's gonna be in it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
KVRer
2 posts since 12 Dec, 2020

Post Sat May 01, 2021 3:33 am

well, i guess i'm one of those stupid ones, because i never buy an upgrade plan when it's on sale. i like to wait to see what's there when they launch a new version. if there's something for me, i don't mind paying the extra for it, but if there's nothing for me, well, i'm glad the money is still in my pocket and not in an upgrade plan collecting dust, waiting or hopping for something that probably will never get implemented...

KVRian
935 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Post Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 am

carlca wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:05 am
stamp wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:46 pm
I've heard rumours that they will skip v4 and go straight to v5.
Soooo... no v4. Sorry guys...
Maybe they will do an Image-Line and jump straight to v20.0 😏
Bitwig Pro X?

KVRer
28 posts since 28 Nov, 2009

Post Sat May 01, 2021 7:41 am

I would like to see a SysEx Device so external hardware could be modulated and edited from Bitwig. As Bitwig doesn't support even VST plugins sending/receiving SysEx it's a limiting factor with all the hardware you want to put through a DAW.

KVRAF
3123 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Sat May 01, 2021 8:51 am

hrotorvator wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:33 am
well, i guess i'm one of those stupid ones, because i never buy an upgrade plan when it's on sale. i like to wait to see what's there when they launch a new version. if there's something for me, i don't mind paying the extra for it, but if there's nothing for me, well, i'm glad the money is still in my pocket and not in an upgrade plan collecting dust, waiting or hopping for something that probably will never get implemented...
That's not stupid, it's just a different life approach. Most people are either running towards or away from some perceived thing. You describe a scenario where Bitwig doesn't get better and your money is wasted, i.e. fear and doubt. Others will get on the bandwagon and believe that Bitwig will do great things in the future, so saving money while participating is what they think about. This is again, why it's impossible to predict whether a sale on the update plan or a new upgraded version is a bigger bump in sales for Bitwig.

KVRAF
6871 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 am

also....you can wait for Bitwig to implement a feature you think is worth upgrading for AND wait for the next sale after that if you want....there are 2 or 3 sales a year so its never long!
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live, FL Studio, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths, Grove Boxes + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars & Basses

KVRAF
32423 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 am

SLiC wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 am
also....you can wait for Bitwig to implement a feature you think is worth upgrading for AND wait for the next sale after that if you want....there are 2 or 3 sales a year so its never long!
I always buy the upgrade plan in a sale but it could be before or after my plan expires depending on timing and cash availability - either way though I wait till a feature appears that makes it worth it to activate the plan

KVRAF
18665 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat May 01, 2021 9:50 am

machinesworking wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:51 am
hrotorvator wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:33 am
That's not stupid, it's just a different life approach. Most people are either running towards or away from some perceived thing. You describe a scenario where Bitwig doesn't get better and your money is wasted, i.e. fear and doubt. Others will get on the bandwagon and believe that Bitwig will do great things in the future, so saving money while participating is what they think about. This is again, why it's impossible to predict whether a sale on the update plan or a new upgraded version is a bigger bump in sales for Bitwig.
I'm committed to using Bitwig as my main DAW so will keep up to date regardless and compared to the cost of my studio overall, updating Bitwig is nothing!

I'm satisfied with the development direction of Bitwig Studio. Maybe by like version 6 there wont be anything to add that matters to me and at that time I might consider updating every 2 years.

KVRAF

Post Sat May 01, 2021 11:18 am

pdxindy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:50 am
I'm committed to using Bitwig as my main DAW so will keep up to date regardless and compared to the cost of my studio overall, updating Bitwig is nothing!
My problem is I want comping, articulation mapping, SysEx and video support. It has me looking at working in Logic again, and/or sticking with DP as my main DAW if it gets MPE and articulation support in the next version. I'm going down to California for a work and sorta a vacation next month, during that time Bitwig becomes my main DAW. In the studio, the support for the above mentioned has me using the "dinosaur" DAWs.

Working with software instruments only Bitwig is IMO way more enjoyable than the others though.

KVRAF
18665 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat May 01, 2021 12:11 pm

machinesworking wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:18 am
pdxindy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:50 am
My problem is I want comping, articulation mapping, SysEx and video support. It has me looking at working in Logic again, and/or sticking with DP as my main DAW if it gets MPE and articulation support in the next version. I'm going down to California for a work and sorta a vacation next month, during that time Bitwig becomes my main DAW. In the studio, the support for the above mentioned has me using the "dinosaur" DAWs.

Working with software instruments only Bitwig is IMO way more enjoyable than the others though.
Understandable... I use Logic to augment Bitwig. For Pitch Flex, comping, using the Logic Step Sequencer and for some midi step record. But all my projects live in Bitwig and I use Logic for some tools then export results to Bitwig.

KVRAF

Post Sat May 01, 2021 1:14 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:11 pm
Understandable... I use Logic to augment Bitwig. For Pitch Flex, comping, using the Logic Step Sequencer and for some midi step record. But all my projects live in Bitwig and I use Logic for some tools then export results to Bitwig.
The issue to me there is AU VS VST. For years I used AU with Live because I would export to Logic for final mixing and sometimes arrangement. It's nice to be able to just keep MIDI tracks MIDI.
That's the quandary with Logic for me, that plug ins between the two are a bigger dance than with simple AU or VST only.

Mostly though I just stay in one DAW, work with audio and soft synths etc. in Bitwig, work with big orchestral libraries, movie, mixing and mastering in Digital Performer, but Iooking at using Logic until DP gets articulation mapping and MPE support.

KVRist
269 posts since 30 Aug, 2002

Post Sun May 02, 2021 8:25 am

Flatpak.
I5-8600K, Focusrite Scarlet Solo v2, Ubuntu 19.04, Bitwig.

KVRist
48 posts since 28 Mar, 2010

Post Sun May 02, 2021 3:05 pm

Bitwig 4 will be announced Tues May 4th, with a beta release to follow in the coming days :love:
Full release expected mid June 2021 :clap:
Studio One 5.2, Bitwig 3.3.5, FL Studio 20.8.2 + Windows 10

KVRian
935 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Post Sun May 02, 2021 4:32 pm

ChrisDW wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:05 pm
Bitwig 4 will be announced Tues May 4th, with a beta release to follow in the coming days :love:
Full release expected mid June 2021 :clap:
And how do you know?

KVRer
29 posts since 19 Feb, 2017

Post Sun May 02, 2021 10:25 pm

fake news :)

T71
KVRist
229 posts since 10 Sep, 2008

Post Mon May 03, 2021 1:14 am

Even more sample packs offers.

Return to “Bitwig”