Bitwig >3.2.4, JUCE ~5.4.7 plugins and Linux - Anyone experiencing problems?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

@sth and @gavinray, I may have some interesting news.
I just got an AMD GPU (Pro WX 7100) and, thankfully, many little bizarre graphic issues seem to have disappeared. Previously I was using a 1070 Founders Edition. My big problem was that sometimes the compositor would break from an application--namely Bitwig, in combination with certain plugins, almost always--and my screen would go strobe; the FPS would sink, stuff would keyhole and freeze on the screen. Restarting the compositor would restore normal behavior, whether running Bitwig or not. Though still, very annoying ...

Anyway, the kernel supports AMD GPUs. You don't need a proprietary driver, like with Nvidia. It's not like nouveau, where it's reverse-engineered, doesn't work very well and Nvida refuses to participate. Instead, it's open source and AMD participates. There's a few things, like OpenCL which isn't native (yet?), but you can load AMD's blobs? Not quite sure, haven't got there yet.

In any case, Bitwig seems to be working a lot better now. I haven't experienced any of the problems described in this thread, or the screen strobing I just mentioned.
So far, so good.

Return to “Bitwig”