page follows playback doesn't stay locked.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

page follows playback doesn't stay locked.
any way to lock this feature. Everytime I do an edit or zoom , It gets unlocked

Afaik there is unfornutally no lock. Use instead a shortcut maybe in combo with the regular "pace-play" like ctrl+space or a single key near the space-key.... (The action is called follow playhead)

ah "combo" . Will look into that, thanks

yeah, seriously, Bitwig Developers, please enable an option to *lock* no matter what. Basically I need to zoom in to check an edit with the high retina, DPI etc and zooming out and hitting the *follow playback* is such a killjoy and kills my workflow totally. I have guitar in hand and want to read the chords in the midi I labelled to play along and... *ugh* NOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL

but seriously, great improvements in 3.3.7, please please do something on this feature...

Soo soo irritating, so much so that finally I log in to post here it irritates me sooo soo much I don't want to use Bitwig after this grrrr.

Please rather make the *default* that once ON that follow playback please *NEVER* turns off - that the only way is for me to TURN IT OFF DELIBERATELY that is honestly 1000% more useful, super thanks!

kvkuser wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm yeah, seriously, Bitwig Developers, please enable an option to *lock* no matter what. Basically I need to zoom in to check an edit with the high retina, DPI etc and zooming out and hitting the *follow playback* is such a killjoy and kills my workflow totally. I have guitar in hand and want to read the chords in the midi I labelled to play along and... *ugh* NOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL

but seriously, great improvements in 3.3.7, please please do something on this feature...

Soo soo irritating, so much so that finally I log in to post here it irritates me sooo soo much I don't want to use Bitwig after this grrrr.

Please rather make the *default* that once ON that follow playback please *NEVER* turns off - that the only way is for me to TURN IT OFF DELIBERATELY that is honestly 1000% more useful, super thanks!
support@bitwig.com

The Bitwig Devs aren't necessarily reading this forum... best to also send your request via email!

they *do* read here - you and me got into it back in 2014 I think when I had a different handle - when I made some *wisecracks* about *cracked* versions, Dom was very keen to email me right away... hope you're doing well, wishing you well.

Hello I've contacted support for this issue, to see if there is o will be any news about this. I'd really like that follow playback button stays in "ON'' by default, not "OFF", it is not useful if it is "OFF" by default (I guess) I don't see the utility of the Playhead going off the screen, and not seeing the notes when the Playhead goes off the screen. Besides, is the thing with zoom and edit. I think It really should stay "ON" anytime unless you deliberately toggle it to "OFF". I didn't find any topic explaining the logic of being "OFF" by default. Am I wrong?

Is the 'follow playback" still the same way in the latest version ?

nope its still the same
cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

+ 1000 Please sort it as it really is a pita. :(
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz

I just ran into this same ridiculous problem...... oooof.

If anyone is curious, I had a nice email interaction with BW tech support making a very strong case for an option to lock page following. I can't imagine why anyone would want page following overridden as currently implemented, but it is definitely "intentional".

Pencilina wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:50 pm If anyone is curious, I had a nice email interaction with BW tech support making a very strong case for an option to lock page following. I can't imagine why anyone would want page following overridden as currently implemented, but it is definitely "intentional".
Sometimes, those "Intentional" features are the worst. I agree that this should be LOCKED, like a proper "either or" "on off" button.
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

It's unbelievable....

I just switched from Ableton to Bitwig and now I discover this massive bug (IMHO)
Please Bitewig ......do something about it fast!

Vinni

Vinni wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:07 am It's unbelievable....

I just switched from Ableton to Bitwig and now I discover this massive bug (IMHO)
Please Bitewig ......do something about it fast!

Vinni
Please write an email to "support at bitwig dot com" , because that's the only official way to reach them :) :pray:
I built a Looper for Bitwig! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5ywDo2bU0

Return to “Bitwig”