THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for?

Official support for: bitwig.com

Select THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for!

On-line collaboration
7
1%
Step recording
18
3%
Mixed track heights
12
2%
Resizeable mixer faders
10
2%
Proper feedback routing (tracks, sends, Grid)
10
2%
Alias / Linked Clips
18
3%
Automation clips
34
6%
Scene follow-actions
5
1%
Audio & MIDI Comping
56
10%
Retrospective recording
39
7%
Native pitch correction (ala Melodyne)
12
2%
Video track / playback
18
3%
Grid containers
27
5%
MIDI Grid
63
12%
UI builder (knobs, faders, buttons, X/Y as remote pages)
20
4%
FL-like piano-roll features
71
13%
Scoring / notation support
4
1%
Data zoom / logarythmic waveform view
7
1%
Apple Silicon native support
16
3%
Audio to MIDI
17
3%
ARA support
29
5%
MSEG
44
8%
 
Total votes: 537

KVRian
564 posts since 20 Apr, 2005

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:33 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:00 am
Hez wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:15 am
I love the mechanics of bouncing (vs. freezing), but it's just a bit undercooked at the moment. IMO we need more options and more control, particularly for mass operations like rendering stems. Some ideas include...
:tu:

+ I'd really love ACTUAL hybrid clips, that can contain both MIDI and audio at the same time and if you'd bounce-in-place then the MIDI would simply get muted. The "nested" MIDI could also follow all the operations on bounced audio - splitting, stretching, reversing (although this would do nothing), re-pitching, etc.
That is EXACTLY how that should be done, so you can have a non destructive way to get back to what you had initially.

KVRian
564 posts since 20 Apr, 2005

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:39 am

pdxindy wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:10 pm
Another to add for next year is a Bitwig Step/Pattern Sequencer
Yes - definitely this as well.

User avatar
KVRAF
18666 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:00 am
Hez wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:15 am
I love the mechanics of bouncing (vs. freezing), but it's just a bit undercooked at the moment. IMO we need more options and more control, particularly for mass operations like rendering stems. Some ideas include...
:tu:

+ I'd really love ACTUAL hybrid clips, that can contain both MIDI and audio at the same time and if you'd bounce-in-place then the MIDI would simply get muted. The "nested" MIDI could also follow all the operations on bounced audio - splitting, stretching, reversing (although this would do nothing), re-pitching, etc.
That might be more complicated than helpful.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

8192 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:33 am

pdxindy wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 am
That might be more complicated than helpful.
Only compared to the alternative that would be "hybrid track comping", when bounce-in-place would produce inactive comp lane that'd contain bounced MIDI :)

Otherwise it's both helpful and easy to understand:

Image
Last edited by antic604 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRist
370 posts since 1 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:19 am

Looks like "collab bro" is DOA.

User avatar
KVRian
935 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:42 am

On-line collab is a waste of dev's time imo.

User avatar
KVRAF
18666 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 am

stamp wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:42 am
On-line collab is a waste of dev's time imo.
That is my opinion as well...

KVRAF
6871 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 am

pdxindy wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 am
stamp wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:42 am
On-line collab is a waste of dev's time imo.
That is my opinion as well...
But as we know- its already built in and is probably what the devs have been using for development, so the real question is why it hasn't it already been launched!

When will the collaboration features become available?

Collaboration features are planned for future versions of Bitwig Studio. Network support is already built into the core of the software and the Bitwig Studio project file format is designed bearing collaboration features in mind. So collaboration is part of the DNA of Bitwig Studio. We are dedicated to further develop our own collaboration technology.
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live, FL Studio, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths, Grove Boxes + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars & Basses

KVRAF
3171 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:37 am

it was the opinion on the FL forum too "Why did you assume us basement dwelling neckbeards have any friends?" :D
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... b#p1578185
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

User avatar
KVRian
1129 posts since 31 Mar, 2014

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:41 pm

xbitz wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:37 am
it was the opinion on the FL forum too "Why did you assume us basement dwelling neckbeards have any friends?" :D
https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... b#p1578185
Yeah, the FL guys... :P
But I as a Bitwig user want online collaboration! Bought v1 to support this goal. I assume that once a decent online integration is there not many want to miss it. (Assuming of couse that an online collaboration solution by Bitwig is well-designed as the rest of their stuff.)

KVRist
141 posts since 26 Sep, 2007

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Yeah, seamless collaboration is one of those features that no one may be asking for, but that could prove incredibly valuable once it's there even for people who didn't think they'd use it.

Personally I voted for linked clips, retrospective recording, and FL-like note editor features, however I chose that last one as more of a stand-in for better note, chord, and scale tools in general (FL isn't great in that area either). A step sequencer or at least a better (bigger) drum editor view would be more than welcome, too.

If I could pick one more vague thing that's not on the list, it'd be general "UI feel tweaks". Stuff like more consistent auto scrolling when navigating editors, remembering zoom levels and snap settings, tweaked hit zones for items, nicer feel when moving items (the fact that the original item stays in place until you release the mouse button makes it feel disconnected from the action), stuff like that, that makes using the app more fun, less fiddly, and simply "feel better". It may sound sort of subjective, but I don't think it really is, video games have turned this stuff into a science and there's no reason why productivity software shouldn't be similarly satisfying to use, especially creative software. 😅
Last edited by Dionysos on Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRian
935 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:56 pm

Dionysos wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:41 pm
"UI feel tweaks". Stuff like more consistent auto scrolling when navigating editors, remembering zoom levels and snap settings, tweaked hit zones for items, nicer feel when moving items (the fact that the original item stays in place until you release the mouse button makes it feel disconnected from the action), stuff like that, that makes using the app more fun, less fiddly, and simply "feel better". It may sound sort of subjective, but I don't think it really is, video games have turned this stuff into a science and there's no need why productivity software shouldn't be similarly satisfying to use, especially creative software. 😅
This

KVRian
865 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:33 pm

stamp wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:12 pm
antic604 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:10 pm
I hope I've not missed anything really obvious & big, otherwise adding another option would reset the poll :(
Groove pool?
The stuff in the list is cool but if the next update contained nothing but well-implemented audio and midi groove extraction/requantization I'd be willing to pay for it.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

User avatar
KVRian
1252 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:49 pm

SLiC wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:33 am
pdxindy wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 am
stamp wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:42 am
On-line collab is a waste of dev's time imo.
That is my opinion as well...
But as we know- its already built in and is probably what the devs have been using for development, so the real question is why it hasn't it already been launched!

When will the collaboration features become available?

Collaboration features are planned for future versions of Bitwig Studio. Network support is already built into the core of the software and the Bitwig Studio project file format is designed bearing collaboration features in mind. So collaboration is part of the DNA of Bitwig Studio. We are dedicated to further develop our own collaboration technology.
Lol, that's just marketing talk from 2012 or 2013 afaik. That said, I could not care less about OC.

KVRist
213 posts since 21 Feb, 2012

Post Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:58 pm

These are my favorites by priorities:

1- FL Studio like piano-roll features.
2- Audio & Midi Comping.
3- MSEG. 
4- Automation Clips.
5- Audio to Midi.
6- Step Recording.
7- ARA Support.

Hope the first 3 or 4 comes true for the near future.
 
Last edited by horizon7 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitwig”