Give us custom themes!

Official support for: bitwig.com
User avatar
KVRer
6 posts since 9 Dec, 2020

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:01 am

Add tools to create/edit themes, please. Or at least the ability to have a darker MIDI and arrangement background. PLEASE!

There won't be many words here. This is not the first time this request has been made.

PEACE

KVRist
134 posts since 20 Oct, 2015

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:00 am

This is the one thing that everyone complains about but I feel is one of bitwig's strongest points... It's UX is on point...

I think that's because they can really tweak things like contrasts, hierarchies of priorities, and declutter... To me all those things make up a a sense easy-to-use and natural feel to using bitwig...

I see all the time people praising bitwig for its speed of use and the inspiration in gives, speed of workflow and such comments...

I think all of that is a symptom of a really tuned and streamlined interface, which basically goes out of the window as soon as you add themes... Just my 5 cents on the matter

KVRist
59 posts since 1 Mar, 2010

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 am

Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.

KVRian
567 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:55 am

coroknight wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 am
Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.
Abso-bloody-lutely πŸ˜‰

User avatar
KVRAF
18516 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:50 am

coroknight wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 am
Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.
I agree... Maybe for Bitwig Studio 8 when there is nothing else to do :wink:

User avatar
KVRAF
8008 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:06 am

pdxindy wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:50 am
coroknight wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 am
Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.
I agree... Maybe for Bitwig Studio 8 when there is nothing else to do :wink:
...except for MSEG and alias clips :wink:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
KVRAF
18516 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:08 am

antic604 wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:06 am
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:50 am
coroknight wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 am
Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.
I agree... Maybe for Bitwig Studio 8 when there is nothing else to do :wink:
...except for MSEG and alias clips :wink:
Those will be in Bitwig long before V8 :P

User avatar
KVRAF
8008 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 am

pdxindy wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:08 am
antic604 wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:06 am
pdxindy wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:50 am
coroknight wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 am
Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.
I agree... Maybe for Bitwig Studio 8 when there is nothing else to do :wink:
...except for MSEG and alias clips :wink:
Those will be in Bitwig long before V8 :P
I'm a glass-half-empty kinda guy :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRian
511 posts since 17 Oct, 2018

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:40 am

Theming would be nice but personally I wouldn't change the interface too much from what it is anyway. I like the default look of Bitwig. For Ableton I mostly stick with the default dark theme. The only DAW I've ever bothered to theme was S1, and that was just make things a bit clearer. I like the S1's theme engine works. Just Hue, Saturation, Contrast sliders. I definitely wouldn't want anything as complicated as Reaper or even Ableton if Bitwig did introduce theming.
Studio One 5.2 // Bitwig 3.3.4 // Logic Pro X 10.6 // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // MPC // Force // Maschine

User avatar
KVRAF
2066 posts since 9 Dec, 2011 from falling

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:02 am

Not into themes. I'd rather Bitwig stick with the Frank Lloyd Wright style of design and stay opinionated.

User avatar
KVRian
1208 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:37 am

If you want themes, then watch Bob Ross :)

User avatar
KVRist
236 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:17 am

I find the theme to be okay. Feels nice and not cluttered.
The frame rate is way beyond all the others with how smooth everything feels.

Then again I never really need the mixer view because the great integration on my maschine jam

User avatar
KVRer

Topic Starter

6 posts since 9 Dec, 2020

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Users before the introduction of the theme editor in Bitwig:
"No! We don't need themes! We're fine with everything!"

Same users after the theme editor was implemented in Bitwig:
"I saw a Bitwig theme in your video on YT. Can you tell me where I can download it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!"

"OKAY, google. Venus Theory Bitwig theme download!!!"

etc.

KVRian
567 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:00 pm

IVAN FREI wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:19 pm
"OKAY, google. Venus Theory Bitwig theme download!!!"
I do not need a theme that yells "Howdy doody buckaroonies!" at me, thank you very much πŸ˜‰

KVRian
1297 posts since 10 Jun, 2004 from Inverness, Scotland

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:13 pm

Nope. I never want to be running the same software as anyone with a Hentai themed DAW. Cos that's what will happen. That and Hello Kitty.
.................................
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre
.................................

Return to β€œBitwig”