Give us custom themes!

Official support for: bitwig.com
KVRAF
18486 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:45 am

machinesworking wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 am
And again it has to be pointed out that company forums are filled with sycophants who balk at any change, especially ones that make reference to aesthetics.
Forums are also full of people who cannot let others have a different opinion than they do without attacking them and calling them names...

KVRer

Topic Starter

6 posts since 9 Dec, 2020

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:04 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:45 am
Forums are also full of people who cannot let others have a different opinion than they do without attacking them and calling them names...
Such people assure that Bitwig does not need themes. ......in the topic asking to add theme customization.

KVRAF
2066 posts since 9 Dec, 2011 from falling

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:09 pm

pdxindy wrote:
machinesworking wrote:
And again it has to be pointed out that company forums are filled with sycophants who balk at any change, especially ones that make reference to aesthetics.
You would say something like this you twit! ps ... you're wrong.

KVRAF
3027 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:24 pm

excuse me please wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:25 am
Sorry, had not thought it over :oops:
One thing I think is amazing about you is when you realize you're being mean or wrong you don't double down, you quickly apologize. You're a great person for that simple but completely unique level of emotional maturity. No sarcasm here, I hope I can be the same when I make someone feel bad or mock someone accidentally.

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:32 pm

IVAN FREI wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:04 pm
pdxindy wrote:
Such people assure that Bitwig does not need themes. ......in the topic asking to add theme customization.
You are totally free to advocate for themes... as I am free to say I want the development time put to other things first

There is no problem in that.

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:36 pm

pdxindy wrote:
machinesworking wrote:
I don't call people names, I might disagree with you but I try not to go ad hominem. I'm sorry if making a sweeping statement about there being a plethora of sycophants on company forums makes you think I'm calling you names, that's not the intended result. I just have never seen any company forum where people were open to any sort of discussion about the GUI of that DAW. Go on the Live forum and ask for something besides 2D if you want a great example of how rough the backlash can be.

Personally I'm not asking for any big rewrite, just some lowering of the contrast in the whiter areas of Bitwig, yet people act like that would get in the way of their specific feature request, it's always the same until the end of time. If some people had their way Reaper would still look like this:

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 pm

machinesworking wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:36 pm
I don't call people names, I might disagree with you but I try not to go ad hominem. I'm sorry if making a sweeping statement about there being a plethora of sycophants on company forums makes you think I'm calling you names, that's not the intended result.
My apologies... I reacted too strongly... sometimes I get frustrated at all the negative labels being attached to people in online discussions. Please forget I said anything :tu:

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:11 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 pm
machinesworking wrote:
I don't call people names, I might disagree with you but I try not to go ad hominem. I'm sorry if making a sweeping statement about there being a plethora of sycophants on company forums makes you think I'm calling you names, that's not the intended result.
My apologies... I reacted too strongly... sometimes I get frustrated at all the negative labels being attached to people in online discussions. Please forget I said anything :tu:
Honestly you have a point, I don't need to add in "observations" about being piled on about UX issues to make my point, and nobody likes being called a sycophant, even as a sideways jab or insinuation.

One of the better things about the general atmosphere of the Bitwig users here is how decent most people act. I guess I just think of the Facebook Logic forums and how ridiculous they get and thank whatever made up deity you prefer that it's not like that here.

KVRist
126 posts since 26 Sep, 2007

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 am

machinesworking wrote:
If some people had their way Reaper would still look like this:
Reaper's UI has never been that consistent since! :hihi:

KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 am

Dionysos wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 am
machinesworking wrote:
If some people had their way Reaper would still look like this:
Reaper's UI has never been that consistent since! :hihi:
:hihi: :hihi:

To be fair the latest version is miles better, dark backgrounds for darker themes, adjustable setting for any theme really. it's still a tweaker's dream and everyone else's nightmare though. :hihi:

KVRist
61 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Seattle, WA

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:41 pm

+1 on having the option to change/adjust the colors of specific areas such as arrangement view background, edit windows, etc.

Perhaps, it doesn't have to be as highly customizable as Reaper themes are, but if there are at least as many coloring customization options as there are in Cubase, that would be very beneficial and will be a welcomed addition for existing and new users. Or if anything, devs can create two or three predefined overall GUI modes. For example: original, light, dark. Something along those lines.

I happen to be a visual person, so having the ability to customize things like that is a big advantage to me. Those who don't care can just stick to the original theme. Problem solved. I really don't get the need to oppose it so much.

KVRian
565 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:38 pm

machinesworking wrote:
some people had their way Reaper would still look like this:
Is that Acid under Windows 2000 or whatever was current at the time? I really liked that software, especially the ease of navigation between the different elements of the program using the Tab key. It had the same streamlined, fluid feel that Windows Explorer had before they introduced extra panels, messing up my muscle memory 😉

Return to “Bitwig”