XO dropping notes

Official support for: bitwig.com
KVRist
107 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Noticed this on the few recent versions of Bitwig (3.3.6 currently), XO will occasionally not play a note it should have played. Have not observed any regularity, it happens rarely and is difficult to reproduce.

Does this happen to anyone else? Legit bug?

KVRian
565 posts since 17 Jan, 2005 from London

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:16 pm

Do you mean when you're scanning through the drum cloud, or are you talking about beats made using the built-in drum sequencer?

I haven't tried using XO recently. I'll set up a new project using it and try to keep my eyes on it.

KVRist
77 posts since 27 Apr, 2005

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Try suspend = never and see if it goes away.

KVRist

Topic Starter

107 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:19 am

carlca wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:16 pm
Do you mean when you're scanning through the drum cloud, or are you talking about beats made using the built-in drum sequencer?

I haven't tried using XO recently. I'll set up a new project using it and try to keep my eyes on it.
Pardon, I mean when playing a beat using the built-in sequencer.

All seems fine when playing an exported MIDI beat from Bitwig. In retrospect it's probably a non-issue and I was missing the point that the built-in sequencer is more of a sketchpad meant to create exportable sequences and audio loops rather than perform on its own.
bigbot wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:37 pm
Try suspend = never and see if it goes away.
That was the first thing I tried, didn't seem to make a difference.

Thank you both!

KVRist
234 posts since 14 Apr, 2006

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:16 am

I've noticed it too (running built-in sequencer and suspend = never). Sometimes the basedrum vanishes (when it's a 4 on the floor pattern) and I suspect it happens mostly on beat 1 or 4, but I'm too late to really pinpoint it. Never a problem when using exported midi.

Return to “Bitwig”