Bitwig Circle

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree with that- they kinda over-egged a very ordinary cross promotion!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

We will see. How many Times Bitwig announced something new an the comunity responded a bit "reserved" at it at First and afterwards it turned out quite usefull as the direction an Plans the Bitwigers arte Taking get more clear? More than once ;-)

If it´s only free samples and other promotional stuff from other Companies they are offering then you´re right.

But if not.... Only Time will tell

Hm, is this really samples for free or only a 2 months "free" trial of the other website? Because I usually don't use many samples, I actually couldn't care less, but this is purely subjective.
Anyway, I think this is also a sign the we have to wait for Version 4 for "a little" longer, as they probably do all this promo stuff with the 3 Harrison plugins and now circle... I bet Version 4 will be hitting the shelves exactly 2 years after version 3.0, around july....
--
Update: I decided to give it a try. Though it says "2 months free" you have to give your credit card. Sorry, no. Goodbye Circle.
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhilipVasta wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:31 pm The thing about this that feels weird to me is that they branded it. Cross-promotion is nothing new, and it's fine. But announcing this new thing called Circle feels like it should be more interesting than some free sample packs. I honestly wouldn't mind if it were, or turned into, something like Presonus Sphere.
I would rather it branched into a user library not unlike what NI has for Reaktor. Max 4 Live is cool and all, but the numerous end user curated libraries but nothing reall official is fractured at best.

I think though they’re thinking more about cross company promotions, like what NI are currently doing with Cinesamples.

Your idea isn’t bad though, but it gets into the whole subscription thing even heavier, I like it where it is now personally.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 pm I would rather it branched into a user library not unlike what NI has for Reaktor. Max 4 Live is cool and all, but the numerous end user curated libraries but nothing reall official is fractured at best.

I think though they’re thinking more about cross company promotions, like what NI are currently doing with Cinesamples.

Your idea isn’t bad though, but it gets into the whole subscription thing even heavier, I like it where it is now personally.
I know what you mean, and I think you're right. Regarding Sphere, I like the idea of getting a periodic stream of workflow tips and "goodies," like what Sphere offers. In practice, however, I haven't found those things to be particularly compelling or useful, unfortunately.

I really like your idea for a user library. Some level of curation might be necessary, but I'm not really sure what that would look like.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 pm I would rather it branched into a user library not unlike what NI has for Reaktor.
Maybe a discussion for a new topic, but can you explain in more detail how you see this "user library"?

Do you mean something like https://bitwiggers.com/ but with heavier or even "official" curation, and plugged into Bitwig packages...? (just trying to guess). I'm asking because I am also missing something like this, more than partnerships to get more third party commercial samples or VSTs.

I've been hit by such amount of Loopcloud ads and marketing, that i'm considering getting a Splice subscription.

icaria36 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:27 am
machinesworking wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 pm I would rather it branched into a user library not unlike what NI has for Reaktor.
Maybe a discussion for a new topic, but can you explain in more detail how you see this "user library"?

Do you mean something like https://bitwiggers.com/ but with heavier or even "official" curation, and plugged into Bitwig packages...? (just trying to guess). I'm asking because I am also missing something like this, more than partnerships to get more third party commercial samples or VSTs.
You got it figured out. I’m just talking a Bitwig specific sharing community of mostly Grid stuff, but not limited to that. My old school DAW DP is really missing this, especially considering it’s focus on templates for huge orchestral libraries. I just named and routed 118 tracks to a VEP plug in instance with the completed East West Symphonic Orchestra library loaded into Vienna Ensemble Pro Server. I’ve got about ten more huge libraries to go, plus dozens of smaller ones. All of that also, maybe even more so applies to Bitwig, since I don’t know if a way to consecutively assign track midi outputs to a VEP instances midi inputs in Bitwig. A library can be a great way for a community to share the burden a bit.

Same with people making controller scripts for various hardware, Moss covers a lot, but i had to run around the web to find a decent script for Beatstep Pro, and the script someone did for my MPK88 is long since gone. That wouldn’t be the case with a Bitwig sponsored user library.

The more I think about it the more I think we as a community should ask for it. Too many great things fall to the way side because of the haphazard nature of the stirring of the work people have done. Max/MSP is a great example of this, easily thousands of hours of work has been lost over the years due to people closing down their personal websites with Max patches on them. NI are literally the only ones that got this right. Cockos do a decent job as well.

_leras wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:19 pm
SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 pm Tim and The Glory Boys love the Bitwig Circle
What does this even mean??!
If only the web came supplied with some kind of built-in search mechanism 😉
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

I don't really understand why this has a name.

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:53 pm
SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 pm Tim and The Glory Boys love the Bitwig Circle
Having said that, and having successfully searched for Tim and the Glory Boys, i'm still not sure what it means :ud:

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:00 pm I don't really understand why this has a name.
I don’t understand marketing either. Never have. But yeah, marketing 101, make a product seem exclusive and you’re halfway into someone’s wallet.

carlca wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:04 pm
Having said that, and having successfully searched for Tim and the Glory Boys, i'm still not sure what it means :ud:
I’m too freaking old to care about in jokes, always hated that tendency in the alternative community. Indie rock bands with in joke band names is always a dead give away to me that the band will be pretentious trash.

It doesn't. Google et al are private 3rd party services. The HTTP protocol running on the TCP/IP WAN known as the internet has no inherent search function. (lol)

And this content bollocks circle shite can f**k off. Do people actually get excited about these things? Are the millennials pumping out tokticks with their newest packs of someone elses shite?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:49 pm It doesn't. Google et al are private 3rd party services. The HTTP protocol running on the TCP/IP WAN known as the internet has no inherent search function. (lol)
Congratulations! You've won this week's "I don't want to be pedantic, BUT..." award 😉

Oh! and other search engines are available, like https://duckduckgo.com.

Return to “Bitwig”