Clipped Notes In Clips

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another question about notes in clips. This time instead of leading notes, it's a final note that needs to extend past the end of the loop...

So I have a midi part, and the notes are all at the end of the loop, I want to tweak the very last note to be just a tiny bit longer, but when it goes past the end of the clip it is cut off sharply.

I can workaround this in arrangement by joining clips and extending the note, but is there a way to so this within the clip itself? Having to join means to make a further change then becomes quite a pain as I cannot change one part and duplicate/copy paste once joined...

*I have done a search on this, but only found old posts that said it simply couldn't be done...

Thanks in advance!

_leras wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 amSo I have a midi part, and the notes are all at the end of the loop, I want to tweak the very last note to be just a tiny bit longer, but when it goes past the end of the clip it is cut off sharply.

I can workaround this in arrangement by joining clips and extending the note, but is there a way to so this within the clip itself?...
Yes, make the clip longer.

Otherwise the note off message would be sent at clip border anyway, so functionally it's the same as if it was shorter. Making it stick outside of clip wouldn't help.

BTW, the notes aren't "cut sharply" - Bitwig remembers their original length:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

_leras wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 am Another question about notes in clips. This time instead of leading notes, it's a final note that needs to extend past the end of the loop...
It depends on exactly what you are doing... if the note you want to continue after the clip loops starts in the middle of the clip, then you can extend the note past the loop end point. Then put another note starting earlier than the clip start and ending where you want. You have to turn off note chase. Those two notes will behave as one continuous note across the loop point.

You can do the same thing moving from one clip to the next as well...

Return to “Bitwig”