Harrison Eq plugins special - jacka$$ed myself

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheYke wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:19 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:30 pm
bite_me wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:16 pm I will follow your link as soon as I tell you that B!tchwig is celebrating their birthday with giving only one plugin away from Harrison :evil: for renewing the license.
Man, I´m angry as hell. What a ditchmove. Hope they bring some new to the table soon. Thuck´em.
I thought it was 3 plugins?
I understood it as follows (from day one, honestly, they're quite clear about that):
You get all the plugins if you upgrade from 8- or 16-channel Bitwig or you buy a new copy, alias you are a new customer. If you renew your existing plan you'll get the Harrison ME only.

EDIT: typos
Thanks for the clarification. I only glanced at the promo email... so got the wrong impression.

TheYke wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:19 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:30 pm
bite_me wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:16 pm I will follow your link as soon as I tell you that B!tchwig is celebrating their birthday with giving only one plugin away from Harrison :evil: for renewing the license.
Man, I´m angry as hell. What a ditchmove. Hope they bring some new to the table soon. Thuck´em.
I thought it was 3 plugins?
I understood it as follows (from day one, honestly, they're quite clear about that):
You get all the plugins if you upgrade from 8- or 16-channel Bitwig or you buy a new copy, alias you are a new customer. If you renew your existing plan you'll get the Harrison ME only.

EDIT: typos
Ah, I see. Sorry for adding any confusion.
] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:37 am So way should I really use the Harrison stuff when I can use the multiband-containers, or even build a dynamic EQ with EQ+ by myself? I can use 6 Audio-Sidechains which I can make "listen" to 6 different frequency ranges and control each and any parameter of any of the EQ8 bands I like.
Would you say that this is a legit approach, which can compete with Harrison plugins in terms of quality of result, or do you say, no, I would allways go for 3rd party plugins?
Good question. I wish I could say I've tried to reproduce the MC or SC in Bitwig, but I haven't. I guess on the count of convenience and quality, the Harrison plugins have met my needs.
Yet, if reproduced, would it sound better or worse using stock Bitwig devices? I suspect it wouldn't be too different in the end.

Anyway, if you didn't see the second video AdmiralBumblebee did on the MC--in all his coolness--it's worth checking out. Mind you, Harrison has made a couples updates since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e56tR6is_Do

The LegacyQ is on sale at audiodeluxe for 29usd and it has a very smooth sound. Not bad at all. Sorry for my rude postings. I´m fine again and recovered nicely.
The average bored guy

I've published a demo for my Dynamic EQ here: viewtopic.php?p=8078623#p8078623 (Added the preset and a link to a little video where I demo it on a short loop)
It has a low shelf, a mid bell and high shelf band. Frequency and the amount of ducking or amplification can be set per band. It should be a good starting point for your own creations.

Return to “Bitwig”