Idea: Bitwiggers of the Month

Official support for: bitwig.com
KVRer
28 posts since 16 Jan, 2020

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 am

https://bitwiggers.com/ is a very cool initiative, imho with an untapped potential. Big thank you to its creators and maintainers!

Here is an idea to support the project and the bitwiggers who contribute to it: Bitwiggers of the Month.

(EDIT: because April has been a month unusually low in submissions, let's count March & April.)

From May 1-15, anyone can nominate any preset published during March & April 2021 on https://bitwiggers.com/, giving a reason to the nomination, in a new thread created in this forum. This is just a small filter.

From May 16-30, anyone can rate the nominated presets on https://bitwiggers.com/

On May 31, the ranking of top presets is published in the forum.

Meanwhile, in this thread we can fine tune details as we go, e.g. deciding how the ranking will be calculated, whether we can afford any symbolic prizes to the top 3 winners of each category, whether this is fun and we run the May round next month...

What do you think? Any reason NOT to try and see how it goes?

PS: CLIPS. There are no recent submissions of clips. If this experiment is successful and there are clips submitted during May, we will include clips next month.
Last edited by icaria36 on Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:06 am

Wait, what happened? Bitwiggers was quite active until exactly a month ago!?!? April has been a very busy month for me and I wasn't checking lately.

Anyway, I'll update my first post. The proposal stands, now with more reason.

KVRer
20 posts since 1 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:07 am

We could also have a vote going for 'KVR Bitwigger of the Month'. I suggest that, in order to encourage votes, everyone who chimes in could be given a free .mp3 of 'We Come in Peace' and a folder full of tutorial .GIFs.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Sat May 01, 2021 3:05 am

After 24 hours, there are 221 views and only one sarcastic response. On Reddit, only +1 upvote and 67% upvoted. Very good, the initial feedback is clear. :)

If anyone is interested in discussing this idea further, or other ideas to support contributors of Bitwig presets, please share your thoughts.

sth
KVRist
249 posts since 20 May, 2018

Post Sat May 01, 2021 7:35 am

Happy to discuss the idea or others, and thankfully it doesn't require much effort from me so far :lol:. Submissions are very "seasonal" and they average out nicely but yes there are periods where not much comes in. Generally I've seen that many people have tried "competitions" or "let's all share" but most of the time, most of the users don't care that much.

"Monthly" or other groupings based on discrete periods of time are a weird thing to aggregate by in this case, I think. If it was automated, it'd be too empty at the start of a month, so then it'd also be misleading for that reason. But I could see adding a "recently most active contributors" type of list on the home page.

Return to “Bitwig”