Can't open the majority of my projects (2.x - Ubuntu)

Official support for: bitwig.com
KVRer
2 posts since 1 Oct, 2017

Post Mon May 03, 2021 7:33 am

Dear friends,

I own Bitwig Studio 2.x, and I'm currently using it under Ubuntu Linux x64. The latest version I own is 2.5.1.

One relevant information is that I used to resort heavily on Windows VST plugins on linux using the Airwave bridge.

Today I've tried opening my 2019 projects, and basicaly none of them even open... I Didn't want to post every single example of it, but I'm attaching one of the most verbose errors, in one of my most important projects, and the most common error in all projects.

In the case of the verbose project, I've tested basically every older version, and can confirm it says "invalid document" or something up to 2.4.0. Starting from 2.4.1 to 2.5.1 I get the attached error.

I could guess this should have something to do with crashed plugins, but I would never guess I wouldn't be able to access a project because of a faulty plugin...

Any thoughts on this? I need really hard to access this projects in order to export its tracks as audio, and maybe continue to work on them.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF
5492 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 pm

support@bitwig.com
and report the fix here...

KVRAF
8191 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed May 05, 2021 12:13 am

prytoluk wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:33 am
Any thoughts on this? I need really hard to access this projects in order to export its tracks as audio, and maybe continue to work on them.
It's not clear from your description if you tried to open the files using the same version of Bitwig that you used to create them (i.e. pre-2.4, because this one & the later you've tested I think)? Since creating / saving those projects, have you updated Ubuntu? And/or Airwave? Can you try opening the projects on Windows (obviously plugins won't work, but at least you'd test integrity of the files)?

Like TJ said, definitely reach out to support@bitwig.com or perhaps PM @Abique on here, as he's part of the dev team and - that's my understanding at least - is mainly responsible for the Linux version.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRer

Topic Starter

2 posts since 1 Oct, 2017

Post Wed May 05, 2021 6:09 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
antic604 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:13 am
prytoluk wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:33 am
It's not clear from your description if you tried to open the files using the same version of Bitwig that you used to create them (i.e. pre-2.4, because this one & the later you've tested I think)? Since creating / saving those projects, have you updated Ubuntu? And/or Airwave? Can you try opening the projects on Windows (obviously plugins won't work, but at least you'd test integrity of the files)?

Like TJ said, definitely reach out to support@bitwig.com (mailto:support@bitwig.com) or perhaps PM @Abique on here, as he's part of the dev team and - that's my understanding at least - is mainly responsible for the Linux version.
The problem is, i'm not rigorous at all with Bitwig versions/projects. I've been updating Bitwig as soons as I've been notified of an update, and eventually work on older projects. I don't actually know which version I've created it on. I've tested every version it could be, though, since I've tested every version that came out since I've bought the software.

I have definitely updated Ubuntu and Airwave, yeah, haven't thought about that!

I don't even have Bitwig installed on Windows, that's why I didn't tested it yet (didn't want to use my license to it, since I don't use Windows on a daily basis), but maybe I'll try that!

I'll definitely try the support email! Thank you people!

Return to “Bitwig”