Too costly to upgrade

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Simoon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:57 pm
Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:05 pm disagree, it's a great deal on the daw market, if not the best. You don't have to upgrade just to have the latest version.
And I disagree with you. I think it's a terrible deal. One of the worst in the DAW world.

Even Ableton are cheaper....and they've currently taken the 3 year upgrade path. That would be £450 in Bitwig world. FO buttwank
In my eyes Bitwig is the most innovative and desirable daw. I've upgraded from 8-track version for around 200$ a year or so ago, and I won't be getting an update plan because there's just no new features that I really need. I still use version 3.3 and its everything I ever wanted from a daw.

I'm looking at Ableton Live prices and they charge like 2-3 times more, so I don't get what you're saying.

billcarroll wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 pm
Simoon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:12 pm ...
Personally, I think manual workers should be better paid than computer coders. Don't you agree?
no
Someone else to disagree with.

Musical instrument coders will be amongst the first to lose their jobs in a recession when nobody can afford an upgrade. A farm labourer will be invaluable. In fact, I think software developers will become farm labourers!!
Last edited by Simoon on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:03 pm I'm looking at Ableton Live prices and they charge like 2-3 times more, so I don't get what you're saying.
Where are you looking?

Ableton currently update approximately every 3 years. That's £450 in Bitwig money. If you think Ableton are 2-3 times more costly, that would make their updates £900 - £1350.

Now do you get what i'm saying?

Simoon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:21 pm
Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:03 pm I'm looking at Ableton Live prices and they charge like 2-3 times more, so I don't get what you're saying.
Where are you looking?

Ableton currently update approximately every 3 years. That's £450 in Bitwig money.

Now do you get what i'm saying?
No, it doesn't work that way. If I get an update plan for Bitwig in 3 years time, it will still cost me around 129$. And what's the cost of that Live update between versions? It's not quite as visible on their website unfortunately.

Thank you. I wasn't certain you were a troll to start with, but well done, you went under the radar for a little bit.

Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:30 pm
No, it doesn't work that way. If I get an update plan for Bitwig in 3 years time, it will still cost me around 129$. And what's the cost of that Live update between versions? It's not quite as visible on their website unfortunately.
I'm not quite remembering, but I think when I upgraded to Live 11 it was $199

Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:30 pm No, it doesn't work that way. If I get an update plan for Bitwig in 3 years time, it will still cost me around 129$. And what's the cost of that Live update between versions? It's not quite as visible on their website unfortunately.
Ableton also offer new functionality within those 3 years.

sbmongoose wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:43 pm Thank you. I wasn't certain you were a troll to start with, but well done, you went under the radar for a little bit.
Of course he is trolling... he doesn't even use Bitwig. :hihi:

Every DAW is relatively cheap these days and users can manage the costs to their own advantage. If someone in the US buys Bitwig on sale and updates every 2 years, that works out to about $5 a month... that is nothing for sophisticated software that requires constant work to support.

sbmongoose wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:43 pm Thank you. I wasn't certain you were a troll to start with, but well done, you went under the radar for a little bit.
Excellent. So if you can't rebuff an argument, call your interlocutor a troll!

pdxindy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:54 pm Of course he is trolling... he doesn't even use Bitwig. :hihi:
You too.

Bitwig is prohibitively expensive to upgrade. It doesn't matter whether you agree or not. If you wish to resort to ad hominem attacks, that's your choice but my POV is grow the F up!

Simoon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:57 pm
Simoon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:03 pm my POV is grow the F up!
FO buttwank
Right. Good to know the grown ups. Have fun.

I'm on benefits in UK and I think the upgrade cost is fine.

My mate is a "manual worker" and he's pulling £700 a week. Dafuq are you doing? Shovelling shit?

And big LOL @ manual workers should get more than coders!
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:27 pm I'm on benefits in UK and I think the upgrade cost is fine.

My mate is a "manual worker" and he's pulling £700 a week. Dafuq are you doing? Shovelling shit?

And big LOL @ manual workers should get more than coders!
Not to get too into this line of conversation. In the states some school janitors make way more than the teachers. So laborers do in some instance make quiet a lot of money. If they are in a union they are pretty much set for life. They won't be uber rich but they aren't living hand to mouth either.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Simoon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:03 pm Bitwig is prohibitively expensive to upgrade.
Doesn't matter how many times you repeat a lie, it wont become true.

It is up to the user to manage their cost.

In the US, if you update every 2 years and buy it on sale it will cost you about $5 a month. That is an insignificant cost.

Simoon wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:59 pmSo if you can't rebuff an argument
There is nothing to rebuff... by your own words, you don't use Bitwig. You're just here to troll. It's obvious and you are not fooling anyone by pretending otherwise. Hell, someone mentioned they purchased the upgrade for £82 and you completely ignored that cause you don't actually have any interest in upgrading. Someone who was actually interested, would ask, hey, how did you get an upgrade for £82?

But go on, carry on with your charade. It is of no consequence whatsoever. :hihi:

Return to “Bitwig”