Serum, MPE and Logic

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings from Toronto, fellow Linnstrumaniacs.

Just ordered the 128 and cannot wait. My original MPC3000 is my favourite piece of gear of all time. I am a guitar player and never learned piano properly, so when I discovered the Linnstrument some time ago, I knew it was for me. Thank you Roger and Geert for continuing to innovate.

Has anybody been able to enable MPE using the Serum VST in Logic? I see Myzx has a vid tutorial for FL Studio and wondering if the method will apply to Logic as well.

Any tips greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sorry forgot link to Steve's tutorial - https://youtu.be/B-vshAqMVbI

AOTS wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:31 pm Greetings from Toronto, fellow Linnstrumaniacs.

Has anybody been able to enable MPE using the Serum VST in Logic? I see Myzx has a vid tutorial for FL Studio and wondering if the method will apply to Logic as well.

Any tips greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
I just finished a scripter to ease that for Mainstage, that should also work in Logic within a track stack. It simply filters out one midi channel and adjusts the bend range for each instance. Same idea as in Myzx vid, but much better work flow...
I am off at the moment, will post it soon and if I find the time could make a video as well...

Much appreciated Tj, thanks.

Ok, here is a simple Logic project + scripts...

The Track stack has four instances of the Logic Monosynth played through my script. The AU can easily be replaced by any other non MPE synth.
In the script you can set the channel which should be passed. (MPE like channel 1 will be passed always)
Each instance should listen to a different channel of course.
If you set the No. of Voices, you could also have the Linnstrument play more channels, it will assign higher channels to the set ones, but there might be some unwanted artifacts...; - )
You can keep the Linnstruments bend range fixed to 24, if you set the instruments range in the scripter as well...
I placed a simplified scripter in an additional track to show how to apply this bend range adjustment to MPE instruments which cannot be set to 24...

Its not complete and bug free yet, but should work for most cases...

Happy recording and share your expressified Serum music...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wow! Thanks TJ! My LinnStrument should be arriving today so I will hopefully get to try your script soon. Awesome of you to help out like this.

Cheers,
Ray

The new version of Serum, at least in Ableton 11, doesn't seem to have a parameter browser.
How is it done now? My linnstrument is unresponsive in Serum (except as regular piano).

Return to “Roger Linn Design”