Anybody use Linnstrument with NI Battery?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering if there were a way to set a grid size on the Linn to match the grid/hits in Battery - and in the proper sequence. I know there's a way to change the kits in battery but it'd be cool if it could be done using the Linnstrument.

Here’s how to setup a 4x4 block of LinnStrument note pads to have consecutive note numbers, for example like this:

12 13 14 15
08 09 10 11
04 05 06 07
00 01 02 03

1) In Global Settings, Row Offset columns, select No Overlap.

2) Turn on the Spiit Button.

3) While holding the Split button, press the 5th column. This will set the left split to 4 columns width.

4) Use Octave/Transpose to transpose the pitch so that the lower left corner note pad sends your desired note number.

Now the left split will be 4 columns wide with sequentially increasing note numbers.

Thanks for the hint, I'm getting there!

...continuing on this, is it possible to isolate 16 pads (4x4) as you'd see on a drum midi controller like the Maschine Mikro or Pad Kontrol? So that if you go outside of those 16 pads you'll hear no sound?

I suppose you could set a split to only 4 columns, then ignore the other split and also ignore the note numbers outside of the 4 rows. But it seems a lot of trouble to turn a 200- or 128-pad note controller into a 16 pad drum controller whose pads are small. It might be easier to buy one of the cheap 16 pad drum controllers.

That's what I was thinking Roger, thanks. I've the 128 btw.

A Launchpad mini is a nice companion to a 128...

Return to “Roger Linn Design”