Massive Set of Linnstrument Chord Diagrams

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Linnstrumentalists,

I have put together an extremely comprehensive set of chord diagrams for the Linnstrument that I wanted to share with the community.

The diagrams are arranged by inversion and how closed or spread the voicing is. There's everything from basic triads to crazy altered dominant chords. All of them have been tested for ergonomics/feasibility of the fingerings. I'm sure this will be useful for those out there who are more inclined toward music theory. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Thank you :tu: That’s very useful. As a beginner I’m still contemplating which chord fingerings to learn. So far I’m sticking with Roger's versions, but I’m also looking at the Moen Method and now this one too. It’s interesting to learn a new kind of instrument like the Linnstrument, where there aren’t established playing standards yet.

Glad you are finding it useful!

I wouldn't describe what I have put together here as a "method" or any kind of approach to playing the Linnstrument - it's just a world of possibilities for just about every chord type you could possibly want using fingerings that are more or less comfortable and practical on the Linnstrument.

Because the Linnstrument and pretty much all multi-stringed instruments are so shape and pattern-oriented, I think you have to flexible with which chord shapes you learn and use. Learning only one fingering for a particular chord type may be mentally less challenging, but it may not always allow you to transition from one chord to the next as quickly or efficiently than if you know multiple fingerings.

I just made this Twinkle Twinkle jazz reharmonization today and I'm using chord voicings like the ones I have in the spreadsheet I created:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkxupGpxR0g

Well done. Much appreciation.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”