LinnStrument surface starting to bulge (solved)

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems my month old LinnStrument is starting to develop bulges in the playing surface. On the top left there is an area that bulges out. It still plays but when trying to play softly that area takes more force which ruins the touch.

I don’t have much playing time on the instrument and I don’t do hard aggressive slides. The only thing I can think of is we have had a really hot July and August. Could that be the cause?

I’m hoping that I can just loosen the top frame and reseat the membrane. Will that void my warranty?

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks
Last edited by Gomjab on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi gomjab,

I’m sorry about that. Yes, it is related to heat. The problem and solution are discussed on the FAQ page, “Problems” tab, second from the bottom.

Thanks Roger for the quick reply. I had looked at the FAQs when I was researching the LinnStrument but either missed that one or forgot about it.

If I correct it now will I have issues in the winter with it being too tight?

I also found your video on replacing membrane. I’m glad it won’t void warranty. Some companies threaten to void warrenty if case is opened.

Cheers

The easiest way is to let it cool down. But if you do stretch it, it won’t be too tight in winter. And don’t worry about voiding the warranty by opening it up. I wouldn’t do that to you. :)

Sorry I forgot to come back and close the loop. I updated subject to reflect that the issue was solved.

Thanks for the quick response.

I had the same issue on the bottom rows, it's back to normal now, must be related to the this year's heatwave.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”