Trouble with Arduino IDE Upload of Modified Source Code on Mac

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not familiar with Arduino. I followed the instructions at http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/ls-source-code.html, and double checked I did all the steps correctly, but I'm getting this error when try to "verify" or upload: " 'initializeLedLayers' was not declared in this scope"

Any idea how to solve this error?

I emailed Roger Linn the above problem and he said he also could not update the Linnstrument's source code following the instructions on the source code page, and he received the same error.

He said his programmer would solve the problem in the next week or two, but suggested I ask on here if anyone has an idea how to overcome this error and upload a modified version of the Source Code to my Linnstrument?

Thanks!

Art

FYI:

What I'm trying to accomplish with changing the source code is to see if I can bypass the first 2 limitations mentioned in the FAQ (no more than 3 notes may be registered on a vertical access & only 3 out of 4 points of any rectangle of notes may be registered).

At least the first limitation seems easy to change, since there's a variable called something like "maxVerticalNotes" set to 3 by default. Of course, changing these parameters I expect might produce some other glitches or problems, and I'm sure they were prudent limits for the programmers to make.

My reason for wanting to bypass these limits is b/c I find it most convenient to play vertically above my base tri-chord. It's just easier for my brain to make connections to the notes I can play that way, as opposed to my right hand playing "on top" of the notes of the left, conceptually (or musically) but not literally. It's like it's an extra calculation my brain has to make that just slows me down and makes me more prone to wrong notes (as a non-expert key player).

Just thought I'd mention what i'm trying to do, maybe someone else has already done this and can tell me their results?

If it would be that simple, these limitations would not exist!

Tj Shredder wrote:If it would be that simple, these limitations would not exist!
Good point Tj! I'm just curious to tinker and see what happens!

Have you tried a modified version of the source code? Any idea why the Arduino IDE isn't letting me "verify" or upload (following the instructions on http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/ls-source-code.html)?

Return to “Roger Linn Design”