Silicone Mat Leaching Oil

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm sorry about that, BobDog, both the customs delay and the new feel.

The new silicone rubber material is actually identical to your original touch surface, having the exact same hardness. The difference is in the top non-stick coating, which is now a matte-finish polyurethane and has a more plasticy feel with less friction. I made the change because the former silicone non-stick coating wears off after many finger slides, though it did have a little more friction. I do prefer the feel of the former surface but I felt the durability of the new surface is worth the change, which I've gotten used to.

I tried for 4 years to find a non-stick coating that is both durable and has the feel of the silicone coating, but it doesn't exist. Perhaps a company like Dupont could develop such a hybrid coating, but I'm not even on their radar.

Hi Roger,

I'm actually already getting used to it pretty quickly, the extra slipperiness is definitely an improvement and I have the impression that the Z control is better but I guess this is probably just in my head!

The main thing I was worried about before ordering was the new bumps but they don't get in the way at all so I am very happy about that.

I think it's a bit like changing guitar strings to a slightly different gauge or producer, seems strange to begin with but after a few hours back to normal.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Thanks, BobDog. Yes, I also find that it's not so difficult to adapt to it and I prefer it now.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”