New MPE synths...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com

Modal Electronics: 001, 002, 008, Argon8, Cobalt8, and Skulpt are all there on the Hardware MPE page.

Argon 8M works very well and makes a great combo with Linnstrument.

And the brand-new SKULPTsynth SE from Modal does as well. I think I will sell my original SKULPT and get one of these instead; performance specs are very similar, but the layout is much much easier to read and understand.
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

New iOS synth Cube Synth Pro (https://apps.apple.com/app/id1560948972) supports MPE

I've just added Cube Synth Pro to the Recommended Sounds page, under the "iPad OS MPE" tab in the list of MPE synths.

An new kid from Cherry Audio is PS-20... I had to buy it at that no brainer price...

An affordable MPE controller would be nice.

Few things worth having come cheap.

Cheers!

John the Savage wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:45 am Few things worth having come cheap.

Cheers!
seabord block + 2 lightpad M blocks. cheap yes, but worth it, and they work excellent.
seabord block for almost a second hand price, new (there was a window a year ago... of a batch of blocks..). lightpad M blocks, almost unused, second hand.

it can be done. it gives me what i want. and more..

I'm not saying it can't be done. However, Roli Blocks are consumer-grade gadgets at best. The LinnStrument, on the other hand, is designed to serve as a robust and dignified instrument for working professionals; and the difference, quite frankly, is staggering. To that end, if you want one of Roli's serious instruments (i.e. one of the bigger Seaboards), you're going to have to pay a premium for it just the same.

I personally don't know any career players who are using Roli Blocks onstage; certainly not as their main instrument anyway. This is the LinnStrument forum, after all. Hence the sentiment of my original comment.

Cheers!

John the Savage wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:03 pm I'm not saying it can't be done. However, Roli Blocks are consumer-grade gadgets at best. The LinnStrument, on the other hand, is designed to serve as a robust and dignified instrument for working professionals; and the difference, quite frankly, is staggering. To that end, if you want one of Roli's serious instruments (i.e. one of the bigger Seaboards), you're going to have to pay a premium for it just the same.

I personally don't know any career players who are using Roli Blocks onstage; certainly not as their main instrument anyway. This is the LinnStrument forum, after all. Hence the sentiment of my original comment.

Cheers!
not saying you don't have a point, but to speak up for my block, it seems as solid as the day I got it and just keeps plugging along and is heavy and as robust feeling as my Seaboard RISE 49. Maybe even more solid. And its the first model. I also had a Linnstrument and loved it. Equally solid I thought.

My wife just asked me what I was reading. I told her I’m reading a conversation between WasteLand, John the Savage and Killmaster. :)

Haha! Great!

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:22 am An new kid from Cherry Audio is PS-20... I had to buy it at that no brainer price...
I've just added it to the Recommended Sounds page.

Roger_Linn wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:41 pm My wife just asked me what I was reading. I told her I’m reading a conversation between WasteLand, John the Savage and Killmaster. :)
The sound like two characters in a B rated dystopian novel: "Wasteland, in a world gone mad, two men fight for the woman they love."
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”