Thoughts on Pigments 2

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought Pigment because of your videos LOL. Well, that and Arturia wore me down with the $69 offer barrage every day. It's a ton of fun and set up easily.

Are there any tutorials available for explaining how to program the MPE controls? (for example if I want to use it in combination with a Seaboard)

Thanks!
Omer

No MPE tutorial that I'm aware of, but the basics are straightforward.

MPE is enabled with the MPE button at the bottom: this let you set the pitch bend range, the Slide/Y mode (absolute, relative unipolar, relative bipolar -- the manual explains these), and the Slide CC (74 default for MPE). Y/Slide is mapped to Macro 1, one of the standard (M 1) modulators. X/Pitch (including pitch bend) is KBD modulator, Z/Press is AT modulator.

Aside from the usual modulation goodness, note that you can set AMP MOD source to Aftertouch; the knob controls the amount by which AT affects volume.

If you need to smooth out Z/AT or Y/M1, you can send it through a Combinate modulator with Type=Lag.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:45 am
One other great thing about Pigments is that it works on multi-touch screens and I use a nice big multi-touch monitor as my main monitor.
Fantastic!
Is there a list somewhere of multi-touch plugins?

What has been the lowest price for Pigments 2.

Check out my studio shot. I am currently revising the Multi-touch area for better work flow.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”