how is MPE mode different than multi channel mode?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this is super basic, but just want to hear the nuts and bolts particulars. Still a little hazy exactly what's going on internally.

Thanks for clarification...

Hi killmaster,

I think you may be asking "How is MPE different from LinnStrument's 'Channel Per Note' mode?"

If that is your question, then the answer is that they are the same. LinnStrument existed before MPE, so the printing on the panel uses the term "Channel Per Note", which is now called MPE.

If you'd like to learn more about what MPE is, visit my site (rogerlinndesign.com) and select LinnStrument menu > Support. Then from the Support page, click "What is MPE?".

Roger_Linn wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:54 pm Hi killmaster,

I think you may be asking "How is MPE different from LinnStrument's 'Channel Per Note' mode?"

If that is your question, then the answer is that they are the same. LinnStrument existed before MPE, so the printing on the panel uses the term "Channel Per Note", which is now called MPE.

If you'd like to learn more about what MPE is, visit my site (rogerlinndesign.com) and select LinnStrument menu > Support. Then from the Support page, click "What is MPE?".
Thank you! More to my point is wether I select "MPE" mode in Bitwig using U-He synths. Seems like the right set up for me is to turn MPE mode off and use Channel per Note on the Linnstrument or "Multi Channel" mode on the Roli Seaboard. Partly I assume because the U-He synths in question (ACE, Bazille and Zebra) are multi-timbral. If MPE is on, U-He synths don't work, so I was wondering what it is that is keeping it from working if internally it is doing the same thing...

Ace and Bazille are MPE, Zebra isn't.

Channel per note on the LS is also MPE.

In BW you should have MPE enabled for Ace and Bazille and the LS in channel per note.

In BW you should have MPE disabled for Zebra and the LS in single channel mode.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

There's more information on my site's Bitwig page about how to set Bitwig for MPE use with external plug-in instruments:

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/bitwig-8-track.html

BobDog wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:19 pm Ace and Bazille are MPE, Zebra isn't.

Channel per note on the LS is also MPE.

In BW you should have MPE enabled for Ace and Bazille and the LS in channel per note.

In BW you should have MPE disabled for Zebra and the LS in single channel mode.
O, thanks. hmmm. will try this...

Guess the question I have about what's going on internally is more of a question for Roli. I have the Seaboard and the Linnstrument.

Your issues are probably BW related, I have included some pics of what to set for Bazille.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that! This works for the Linnstrument. I realized last night that the Roli Bitwig driver seems to handle CC74 internally. When the Roli is sending that data, it doesn't reach the track. At least the Linnstrument is sorted for now. Thank you BobDog!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”