18th column y axis issue

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to have encountered a very particular issue, not sure if its on my end.
Ive reset the linnstrument to its factory settings using the global settings method just to be sure.

It seems like the 18th column doesnt seem to be registering any y axis changes, however all others work as intended. Here is a video with one of bitwig's default mpe enabled presets to illustrate my issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiG-Hte48mg

Both the x and z axis work fine on that column but the y doesnt seem to work. I tried playing the same notes on other columns and rows and they work just fine.
Maybe theres something ive done wrong, any help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry about that, Sleep. I suspect you'll find that if you press down on the metal panel just above or below that column while playing with your other hand, that column will start working.
This issue is addressed on the FAQ page, Problems tab, fifth FAQ. Basically, it tells you to adjust the tightness of the panel screws near the problem column. If this doesn't solve the problem, then given that this is more of a unit-specific support problem and less of a forum discussion issue, could you please contact me at the support address?

I will give that a shot, thanks roger

That indeed fix the issue! Thanks a bunch. I will check the faq before asking any other technical stuff from now on :D

I'm glad all is well now. Thank you for owning a LinnStrument.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”