What CC's does the linnstrument send?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Strange question so ill outline why later... Say I'm running in channel per not mode, aside from the midi channels and associated CC I'm sending is there anything else going out of the linnstrument?

Long story short is that I'm configuring my linnstrument with the expert sleepers fh-1 and expander, which I've done, but occasionally run into a glitch where the LFOs generated by the fh1 kick in. They respond to CC commands on specific channels so I'm just trying to figure out whether there is anything going out of the linnstrument I don't know about?

Hi t-IB,

There's nothing sent except for the messages that you've assigned for X, Y and Z in Per-Split Settings. If you want to learn what's causing the problem, one good way would be to connect to computer and use a MIDI monitoring app to view the exact messages sent. Then going back and forth between the computer (for viewing the messages) and FH-1, turn off the sending of X, Y and/or Z to learn which of them is triggering your LFO. My guess is that the FH-1 is unintentionally set to respond to the same messages that you're using for X, Y or Z.

Thank you Roger, that's what I expected from the linnstrument end - appreciate the time to clarify. We're on the same page in terms of where the problem is - in theory I've set everything I don't need to use on the fh1 to midi channel 16, cc0, but I still get the odd freakout. I'll see if the manufacturer gets back to me about it...

Did you limit the voices to 14 or less (to avoid sending anything on ch 16). Or maybe your DAW is getting into the way. Bitwig has to be told to pass all Midi channels unchanged for example...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:46 am Did you limit the voices to 14 or less (to avoid sending anything on ch 16). Or maybe your DAW is getting into the way. Bitwig has to be told to pass all Midi channels unchanged for example...
Hi, thanks for the input - to be clearer the set up is Linnstrument straight into FHX1 & FHX, doing two voices of MPE. I have the Linn outputting on channels 9 and 10 in keeping with the FH1's preferred way of doing things, which works fine for a while before having a wobble and activating things like its LFOs (theres loads going on in the FH-1, pretty much all of which I don't need for my uses!). 99% sure the issue is the FH1 end so I'll wait to hear... thanks though!

So as expected there was no issue the linnstrument side - a workaround has been to set the midi multipliers to 0 on the fh1, which effectively disables the LFOs it was activating with faster playing/increased midi data streams.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”