Help with preset function

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with selecting presets over 128 with the linnstrument. I understand I have to send a bank select message and then a program change - but I’m not sure how this would be practically achieved. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Oops - missed this recent thread:

viewtopic.php?f=263&t=564129

Where it says this functionality is not available on the linnstrument.

So - say I had a linnstrument and a midi synth that had more than 128 presets and used banks to access them - what are my options to access those presets?

The standard way would be to store the sounds you actually want to use in the first 128 places… Had been like that since 1984… Or have an additional controller/screen to do that… Usually you would want to have a bunch of rotary encoders to navigate through millions of presets (what a nightmare…; - )

Thanks - second midi signal with some knobs to somehow select the midi preset sounds like something I should look into. I purchased a sound font pack which I am using with fluid synth and hoped to use the linnstrument to send the midi messages to load the presets.

Seems like a neat little feature request to be able to select the midi bank for the presets.

I will report back if I have any luck loading presets past 128 :)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”