No larger GUI for Loom 2?

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

does anybody know, if there will be a larger GUI for Loom 2 in the near future?
I really have mixed feelings on updating to version 2 right now. I don't want to be charged another time when a larger GUI version is out. And how about the other plugins? May be I should wait until new versions of Structure, Strike and Hybrid are out and upgrade then. Though it may be possible, that I'll wait forever...

Could be as I have been following this for a while... AIR has been posting about GUI changes for over a year maybe?

Yes, it mus be about a year or so when they first mentioned a major GUI overhaul would be in the pipeline. I don't know why it's taking so long. But from what I see they are focusing on other projects. (They released Vacuum Standard and Boom as platform independant VSTs for example within the last month.)
On the other hand other developers succeed in making their older VSTs scalable. Image line released some updates free of charge last year and I grabbed up some plugins again that had become nearly unusable on modern screens with higher pixel density. Sytrus for example looks great now and is a top synth after all those years.

AIR should at least promise to deliver a free update for a bigger GUI version of Loom 2. Of course version 2 has some significant improvements but it is still not quite up to date yet.

Yup, Loom 2 appears to have been rushed out. I would pay money to have the entire AIR collection updated with modern, scalable, UIs...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Seems AIR are up to their old tricks again

I remember when I purchased AIR IEP2 and they all went on a National Holiday that evening, loads of us paid for a product we did not get till around two weeks later.

Then the download servers were giving us the the wrong files and on and on.
I think I have more support tickets to them than any other developer I own...and I own a few developers products ;)

Hello from 9-4-2019.. still no scalable GUI.. bummer its on sale for 15USD.. damn shame
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Holy crap I thought this thread was brand new, the topic is just as relevant 20 months later. :hihi:

Low reso flat screen (used) costs around 10-15€ and small plugins look great in those.
Of course it's the best option if the dev just made a rescalable gui and no need for other hassle, but since the dev is responsive like a cat that is angry to you, there's not much options but accept that gui. For 15€ that Loom is totally worth the price, even with the small gui.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:33 am Low reso flat screen (used) costs around 10-15€ and small plugins look great in those.
Of course it's the best option if the dev just made a rescalable gui and no need for other hassle, but since the dev is responsive like a cat that is angry to you, there's not much options but accept that gui. For 15€ that Loom is totally worth the price, even with the small gui.
Or you can just get one of those for your monitor
No signature here!

:lol:

I prefer this technique:

I was tempted to buy Boom when it was $9, and then Loom II at $15, but I don't know...

There was some talk from AIR a couple of years ago about porting everything to some new engine, or format that would be more up to modern standards.

Then they released Boom, Loom II, and that other drum synth (can't think of the name) and nothing seems like it has really changed.

Don't get me wrong, I love their plugins, but it seems kind of like they are just "phoning it in" at this point.

Hopefully that changes, but personally I want to see how things pan out before I start buying new stuff from them, even at huge discounts.

- Jay

I like to use this to view my AIR plugins
1200px-HST-SM4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ha!

This is my setup. I had to move the scope over as I opened Zebra 2.

dandezebra wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:15 pm Ha!

This is my setup. I had to move the scope over as I opened Zebra 2.

I think the problem in your case is that you're probably standing up and your screen is on a tripod. Maybe you're not even looking in the right direction I don't know. Looks like you're looking up.

In the space telescope case, obviously the screen/AIR plugin are too far away. Unsure how the mouse or any pointer device would work in that case in any case. Light is fast, but not instantaneous.

This was a few years ago, though, and that's how it was done back in the era, so I assume everything has been resolved and your systems and subsystems are all on the same planet as you. Not so with my new Loom 2 module overlap and crashing problem, though, and it's almost 2024!
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

Return to “AIR Music Technology”