Xpand!2 FR - Browser

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using Xpand!2 lately and I love the sound.
It a very good all round rompler.

But it has some real issues when it comes to preset browsing/switching.
You have to click on the preset name with the mouse and you get a floating menu. You can select a preset from the menu.

We really need something easier! Like we used to have in Hypersonic 2, with a possibility to browse using the keyboard arrows.

Is it possible?

Here are pics of what we currently have, vs what we need (which is on the older Hypersonic 2 and what Steinberg has with Halion Sonic):

Xpand!2

Hypersonic 2

Halion Sonic 2

Thanks for the suggestion, I have passed this onto our engineers.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Thank you so much! It disturbs me the most when playing live.

I, too, love the sounds of Xpand!2. The sounds load very quick also, which is great for live performance. Only if Xpand!2 allows the user to assign midi program change messages to user created sets, it will be very powerful.

Agreed,on the browser request here,and program changes this is supposed to truly be the successor to Hypersonic 2,Wizoo created a gem with it, so naturally one would hope they would update it gracefully with these requests.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

+1 for the request!

Xpand!2 is very powerful and especially for layering purposes a real genius.

But why is drop down menu (when browsing the sounds) sooooo tiny? If often - try to - use those little arrows to skip the presets but it's hard to hit the right place. Wouldn't it be nice to have that a bit larger (in addition to that FR here)?

Don't want to hijack but I thought I'd leave my thoughts here.

Cheers Jens
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Agreed,the drop down windows are fighting against a better workflow.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Agreed. The original Hypersonic from Wizoo had a great browser.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”