AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Last edited by dandezebra on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Well, I'm a newcomer to this stuff, just in the past year or so, and only because of the deep deals lately (bought everything AFAIK, in one particularly good one). But I've had some good email customer service over one or two install issues directly from AIR, and I keep seeing new deals and even new stuff that's not so deeply discounted.

So, even though there's only a couple of the apps that really grabbed me (Loom and Transfuser—those have been deeply interesting, and Loom's even been updated since), I'm feeling very positive. And Transfuser's really old, judging from the YT tuts I've found, but it still works great. I'm happy to ride 'em out into the sunset, but I don't see that yet.

They're shipping their Hybrid 3 synth with Akai hardware, so somebody loves them.

That's more because InMusic owns both AIR and Akai, so...

Definitely abondonware to me. They have promised to fix the GUI problems in Transfuser for years, and also promised updated GUI's for all their plugins for more than a year. Instead they are releasing Loom 2, history's worst update, and a new drum plugin nobody wants. They also have list prices that are hilarious, just like SONiVOX, but of course, they are both owned by InMusic.

AIR is dead to me, and if it wouldn't be due to the fact I kind of like M-Audio and AKAI, InMusic would have been dead to me as well. It's a mystery they haven't gone bankrupt yet.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

The Air plugins are still included with a purchase of ProTools, so I would say no.

And so long as they still work with windows 10, whats the problem ?

And if Air ever did bring out new versions they would probably be at a price well out of my budget, so I am happy with my purchase.

I really hope it's not true - would love to see updates to existing plugins, especially creative fx suite. Come on Air - throw a bone! :)

dellboy wrote:The Air plugins are still included with a purchase of ProTools, so I would say no.

And so long as they still work with windows 10, whats the problem ?

And if Air ever did bring out new versions they would probably be at a price well out of my budget, so I am happy with my purchase.
They haven't seen any feature update since Pro Tools 8, so I guess AVID & AIR are only doing AAX life support to guarantee compatibility.

I bought the AIEP Select two years ago and wouldn't do it again :S Komplete Select would have definitely been the better choice and I have substituted most of the AIR stuff with other plugins by now.

Hybrid, Vacuum Pro & Xpand!2 are nice, if you got them for free/1$/bundled/magazine.
Loom is cool and interesting but V2 is not worth the money.
Velvet, Mini Grand & DB33 are nice, too, if you can get them for a fair price in the marketplace or bundled
But that's it imho. Strike, Structure and Transfuser didn't excite me enough to justify the amount of hard disk space they need. I tried to like Structure and Transfuser but they were also pretty buggy for me (Win10!) and the GUIs are just too small on a FHD Laptop Screen.

I'm fine with the current features of the plugins and would be perfectly happy if AIR added higher res GUIs and did some bugfixing :help:

krabbencutter wrote: Hybrid, Vacuum Pro & Xpand!2 are nice, if you got them for free/1$/bundled/magazine.
Loom is cool and interesting but V2 is not worth the money.
Hybrid 3 and Vacuum Pro are still on sale for $1 (one dollar!) at Plugin Boutique. Even at that price Hybrid 3 has limited use in my arsenal because it's so one dimensional sounding, but Vacuum Pro manages to weasel its way into some of my productions! Vacuum Pro has some GREAT low-end bass presets that grabbed my attention... I'm liking Vacuum Pro much more than Hybrid 3. With a name like Hybrid 3, you would have thought it was a versatile synth along the lines of Zebra or Omnisphere but it's not. It should've been called "Trance-Machine"... :D

AKMusic wrote:
krabbencutter wrote: With a name like Hybrid 3, you would have thought it was a versatile synth along the lines of Zebra or Omnisphere but it's not. It should've been called "Trance-Machine"... :D

That's subjective, and it really depends on what you need. I didn't know either one of those synths let you import midi, but Hybrid does that and much more.

It only seems like abandonware because they actually have some serious products. I'm sure there are issues with them, but we've seen one person complain about the gui.

I'm on Win 10 and I have no problems with Transfuser, or any other plugin from them. I'm not saying that they don't have some bugs, but I use them on a daily basis, and love them.

Yes, they could use some updates.

Let's hope not. Could use some updates...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hmmm...
Another couple of months now, that's not too encouraging. :(
Whatever happened to Simon ?

- Jay

Better days for them will be apparently under the acquisition of inMusic. Better than being part of avid or digidesign.

Inmusic has major hardware and software brands such as:
Sonivox, Akai pro, m-audio, Marantz, mix meister, Alesis, Numark and others.
One of positive indicators is how the latest Akai products started to get highest-rated sales. Along with m-audio new products which totally redeemed the brand reputation after the disastrous production faults back in 2012 and earlier.

Yes it appears that inMusic has put the focus on hardware sales, and only support software development where it directly enhances hardware sales. The Akai and M-Audio product lines would be good examples of that, as well as various DJ related product lines.

It would be great to hear some news about future product plans for their legacy software instruments. The last "News/PR" announcement made on the inMusic home page was over 2 years ago. That is not at all encouraging. The last AIR or SONiVOX news was posted in 2015 on the inMusic page. https://www.inmusicbrands.com/news

SONiVOX did announce a couple of new Qubiq Audio powered instruments earlier this year, Stratum and Solina, but no mention of them appears on the inMusic page. https://www.qubiqaudio.com/
Last edited by zzz00m on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I'm not optimistic due to the lack of responses here as well as numerous "promised" updates that have never materialized.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”