Beta Testers Wanted

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear KVR members

Hope you are safe and well.

Sorry to be quiet lately, Air has been working on revised builds for Windows and Mac for our existing products to improve OS support and user experience. Additionally, new products have been created but our priority is the support updates.

If you would be interested in helping test (we are starting with Windows 10 users but want to hear from Big Sur and Catalina users too) please send me a PM.

We ask that you own one or more Air products and are able to dedicate time to testing.

Thank you for your time. Stay well.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Is this the long-awaited GUI updates with resizable/scalable UIs? More polyphony in Loom and Vacuum Pro? If so, sign me up. :D

even if I have little faith in your intent I want to offer you a further possibility to rehabilitate you against your users who until now you have treated very badly, I propose myself as a beta tester for Strukture on macos bigsur, obviously provided that you AIR are really interested

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:46 am Is this the long-awaited GUI updates with resizable/scalable UIs? More polyphony in Loom and Vacuum Pro? If so, sign me up. :D
maybe asking too much is already a lot if some updates for the compatibility of the new OS come out :D

How about proper user accounts? License transfers etc.

I haven't touched Air stuff since 2016, seemed more trouble than it's worth. Now you can't even give away this stuff for free.

Instruments were fine when they got released, though.

I really hope "improve OS support and user experience" means rescalable interface, or at least making it possible to choose a different few sizes. This is probably what most people are waiting for, and was also promised 3+ years ago, and which would also be a free update.

If not, don't even bother.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

soulata wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:59 am How about proper user accounts? License transfers etc.

I haven't touched Air stuff since 2016, seemed more trouble than it's worth. Now you can't even give away this stuff for free.

Instruments were fine when they got released, though.
Licence transfers are possible but subject to Ilok T&Cs which we do not control unfortunately on activated software. Software which is not activated it’s just the case of providing the new owner the serial number.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Thank you.

Yes, but I asked support how about downloads for the new owner and this went nowhere.

Still, it's actually cheaper to buy from you than to pay iLok transfers for the 2nd hand. Esp when whatever bundle I have from you looks like single titles in the iLok account which means x times 25$ for the transfer.

Btw, I'm not angry, although it may seem so from my reply.

I just wish you had proper user accounts and no iLok but that will not happen anytime soon.

I'll count my AIT stuff as abandonware until then. No biggie really.

k

As I said in my second PM I do have a separate Win 10 system with which to test the new betas. What you're basically asking people to do is put their systems at risk in order to help fix the issues some people are reporting that iLok is causing serious damage to some computers.

I think the risk of damage far out weighs the reward of testing at least on a system that is your main DAW especially if there are no feature updates like the long requested larger GUI sizes.

I just purchased Drum Synth 500 for $10 in one of the constant sales and I'm afraid to even try installing it on my studio computer due to the issues reported by some people. I have installed it on a spare system and it's a great plugin as are all the many other Air plugins I own.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PM sent.

Well, before you take on a bunch of public beta testers: What you need to do is - as EVERYONE here knows - to ditch PACE. Just look at the numerous threads, in your own forum and all over the KVR.

It just makes no sense to use iLok on software one pays five or ten bucks for, and you must lose a lot of sales keeping up with PACE as your protection system. It's really a shame, since your instruments are often very good and extremely versatile.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:46 am Is this the long-awaited GUI updates with resizable/scalable UIs? More polyphony in Loom and Vacuum Pro? If so, sign me up. :D
Well, OP answered here but not your question: No answer is also an answer i guess.. :shrug:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

May I ask how the beta testing is going? When can we expect new versions of the plugins?

SparkySpark wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:32 pm Well, before you take on a bunch of public beta testers: What you need to do is - as EVERYONE here knows - to ditch PACE. Just look at the numerous threads, in your own forum and all over the KVR.

It just makes no sense to use iLok on software one pays five or ten bucks for, and you must lose a lot of sales keeping up with PACE as your protection system. It's really a shame, since your instruments are often very good and extremely versatile.
Well, online people tend to complain more than praise, and Kvr isn’t exactly representative of the real world. What you’re looking at are simply the loudest voices. For me, Pace is one of the least annoying forms of CP. the absolute worst one is challenge/response. That’s the reason I steadfastly refuse to use IK’s software anymore. Is Pace the best? Absolutely not, but it’s not the weakest link in terms of software frustration. Abandonware is a bigger issue.

I was on the phone to support the other day about something & apparently VST3 was on the horizon but not seen anything concrete. Main issue for me in Cubase with hi DPI mode & hi-res display is the tiny GUI, hope that gets sorted soon (in fairness many VSTi's suffer from that).

Return to “AIR Music Technology”