Thermionik demo in 9 styles!

guitarjon
KVRer
12 posts since 11 Dec, 2011 from Netherlands

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Hey guys,

Released a video of Thermionik yesterday.
I demo'ed this plugin in 9 different styles, from clean to 8-string metal.
Hope you enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbGSs1IidPc

frthib
KVRist
108 posts since 29 Nov, 2017 from Québec, Québec, Canada

Re: Thermionik demo in 9 styles!

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:58 am

This video made me remember Thermionik that I had completely forgotten for years and a few weeks later, i'm all in.

Bought the whole lot. (great customer care experience BTW, kudos on that)

It's a lot a work trying to graps all the subtileties of the amp models and kazrog own creation.. Dither is kinda mysterious to me, not sure it's of any use to me,

my gut feeling is KClip must be used sparringly and I always loved the consoleEQ from recabinet 3.5 I had for years so I will probably really enjoy ValveEQ.

I'm still having trouble understand that there is unobtanium material in the ampsim.. I never knew Mike Soldano modded Marshall yet yesterday I played the Jumpy79S and it was great!

Using recabinet 5 is like comfortable old slippers I had completely forgotten (for years).. That console EQ is powerful yet subtile, two word who can rarely go together. The fizz included in my IRs dies with it. The samples length is not optimal but when I A/B to another vst IR loader the difference are negligible (IR where not captured in a cavern after all, there is no tail of 1 second)

good job guys

EvilDragon
KVRAF
17168 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:16 am

Serpent + 7-string = dream combo!

frthib
KVRist

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 am

I wanted to try the Diezel VH4 blue yesterday but got stuck on the Jumpy79s.

The serpent is one of my favorite also. I often add layers with it.

Curious to hear what IR are the user generaly using around here..

EvilDragon
KVRAF

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:26 am

https://app.box.com/file/246089581019

Here's an example from me. My Schecter 7-string tuned in C standard (low G) with EMG 85/81 combo, Serpent and 3sigma Marshall 2551 and Friedman 4x12. Setup like this:

frthib
KVRist

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 am

Thanks, I will try those settings.. I have all the puzzle pieces except 3sigma jubillee. I'll replace it with a Steve Steven 4x12 instead. I never really tried mixing 2 cabs on one source

EvilDragon
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 am

Doing two cabs on one source, hard-panned, makes it pretty great for practice and playing live. Not really for mixing because it's not exactly mono compatible, since your single performance is duplicated on two channels, and there WILL be some frequency cancelling (unless you track left channel separately to the right, but at that point you have one cab on one source, really).

Return to “Kazrog”