KClip 3.0.2 download

Kazrog
KVRian
787 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 am

Robert Randolph wrote:The controls are greatly improved, thank you.
Thanks! 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Robert Randolph
KVRAF
2114 posts since 25 May, 2003 from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Unfortunately...

Logic Pro X 10.4.1 crashes on load with Kclip 3.0.2 installed. macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Au works in other hosts.

auval returns:

Code: Select all

<fancy-super-nerd-prompt> auval -t aufx KCl3

blah blah blah

* * PASS
--------------------------------------------------
AU VALIDATION SUCCEEDED.
--------------------------------------------------
Here's your error report: https://pastebin.com/YpRbA8ZZ

If you need anything else, let me know.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every weekend!

dna_studios
KVRer
11 posts since 2 Jun, 2004

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:16 pm

Kazrog wrote:
dna_studios wrote:Were you using OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite when you re-checked 3.0.2?
High Sierra 10.13.3 at the moment. However, I've got testers running 10.9.5 and 10.10.5 with zero issues. Your auvaltool log entry looks corrupt now that I read through it. Lots of weird metadata from random plugin vendors interspersed. You may have hard disk corruption or at least permissions issues that need sorting.
No file system problems reported by Disk Utility, permissions are okay, but I agree that auvaltool log suggests *something* has become corrupted. I'll look into it...

Thanks for the feedback, Shane.

Kazrog
KVRian

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Apple has been making it extraordinary difficult lately to keep your plugins updated and working. You may need to restart your Mac and/or clear the AU cache to resolve issues after updating an existing plugin or adding a new one. Lots of chatter on the developer lists about this, with no true long term solution in sight at this point. Yay Apple?
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Kazrog wrote:Apple has been making it extraordinary difficult lately to keep your plugins updated and working. You may need to restart your Mac and/or clear the AU cache to resolve issues after updating an existing plugin or adding a new one. Lots of chatter on the developer lists about this, with no true long term solution in sight at this point. Yay Apple?
Restarted. Killed the cache. No luck.
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every weekend!

Kazrog
KVRian

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Robert Randolph wrote:Restarted. Killed the cache. No luck.
Try deleting the plugin and reinstalling, in that case. There's absolutely no reason why the plugin should have any issues with your setup.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Kazrog wrote:
Try deleting the plugin and reinstalling, in that case. There's absolutely no reason why the plugin should have any issues with your setup.
Alright tried that. No worky.

I've also checked permissions on it, checked AU compatibility in 5 other DAWs (they all work, except Logic!) and tried on another user account.

Same result.

Kazrog
KVRian

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Robert Randolph wrote:
Kazrog wrote:

I've also checked permissions on it, checked AU compatibility in 5 other DAWs (they all work, except Logic!) and tried on another user account.

Same result.
That's strange. I'll see if anything further can be done from this end. Lots of changes on the Mac platform recently have caused some unpredictability and people with unique issues on certain machines. Logic has always been extremely fragile and finicky working with third party plugins, and sometimes issues just clear up once Apple issues a minor update as well.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:17 am

Kazrog wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Kazrog wrote:

Same result.
That's strange. I'll see if anything further can be done from this end. Lots of changes on the Mac platform recently have caused some unpredictability and people with unique issues on certain machines. Logic has always been extremely fragile and finicky working with third party plugins, and sometimes issues just clear up once Apple issues a minor update as well.
After fooling with this way too much, I finally got it working in Logic by totally wiping logic itself and reinstalling it.

It's really strange that KClip 3 was the only plugin (of over 1k) that didn't scan properly. :borg:

Kazrog
KVRian

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:20 am

Robert Randolph wrote:After fooling with this way too much, I finally got it working in Logic by totally wiping logic itself and reinstalling it.

It's really strange that KClip 3 was the only plugin (of over 1k) that didn't scan properly. :borg:
Weird. Out of curiosity, are you on the new APFS filing system, or the older Mac OS Extended Journaled system? My build Mac is 100% APFS across all drives now, and I have noticed some strange behavior with file modification dates between friends with older Macs.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Post Tue May 01, 2018 4:47 pm

Kazrog wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:After fooling with this way too much, I finally got it working in Logic by totally wiping logic itself and reinstalling it.

Weird. Out of curiosity, are you on the new APFS filing system, or the older Mac OS Extended Journaled system? My build Mac is 100% APFS across all drives now, and I have noticed some strange behavior with file modification dates between friends with older Macs.
HFS+ Journaled, Case-Sensitive.

No APFS for me yet.

Kazrog
KVRian

Post Tue May 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Robert Randolph wrote:HFS+ Journaled, Case-Sensitive.

No APFS for me yet.
Cool, thanks for letting me know! Between this and the upcoming CPU platform transition they're hinting at, some rough transitions may be ahead for Mac users.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Jperkinski
KVRer
29 posts since 22 Oct, 2013 from Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Thu May 17, 2018 11:48 am

I'm getting instant crashes when trying to render audio in WaveLab:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al69cnghc5hva ... h.zip?dl=0

I tired VST2 and VST3

MacOS 10.13.4
WaveLab 9.5.25

KClip3 inserted as a Clip FX in a 96k montage.

Kazrog
KVRian

Post Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 pm

I'll look into it, thanks!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

cturner
KVRist
346 posts since 7 Dec, 2009 from GWB

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:49 am

Greetings-

A bit of a dunce question on KClip3 usage; thought I'd put it here instead of occupying a whole new thread. It concerns the "Threshold" knob.

The Threshold knob sets the level at which the clipper works, correct? So you could set the Threshold to -4.0dB and clip everything above that level. Or you could set the Threshold control at 0dB, push the "Clipper Process In" above 0dB, and clip anything above that 0dB threshold, correct? The "Clipper Process Out" comes after the oversampled clipper, so it doesn't interact with the threshold, correct? (Although the Ceiling control interacts with it.)

Finally, in multiband mode, there's a single clipper threshold for all bands, as opposed to individual thresholds for each band, correct? So each band has, for lack of better words, its own knee and saturation, but all bands push into the same threshold, set by the Master Control Threshold?

Thanks so much! Charles
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Return to “Kazrog”