Push

The display freeze/lag is fixed for me! :phones:
Thanks man! Great work ...

Outstanding update! Well done!

Scene Mode is awesome !

Thank you
DALE

Page 100! :party: :party: :party:

I wish I could use this with the Push Display as it was awesome!
It hasn't worked since the Beta versions for me.

When is the new install process being implemented?

Hi! Yes page 100! What a milestone!

But question.... When i put a track on Dmachine modes (just the 16 pads mode) and when i put a track after or before it or move tracks around .... It loses its memory that it was on pad mode.
Is this a bug? Or code thing moss? I thought i put it here. Because i dont know if its bug... :-)

codec17 wrote:Hi! Yes page 100! What a milestone!

But question.... When i put a track on Dmachine modes (just the 16 pads mode) and when i put a track after or before it or move tracks around .... It loses its memory that it was on pad mode.
Is this a bug? Or code thing moss? I thought i put it here. Because i dont know if its bug... :-)
Yes, these things might be problematic since I store the track view with the track number. But I think I cannot fix that since there are no notifications about these changes.

Ah ok... Well thanx for your answer! Not that of a biggie btw. :-)

Hi moss,

Since 9.10 push2display doesn't seem to work for me. The log says

Starting UDP server on port 7000.

and nothing else. It doesn't draw anything in neither the java window nor on the push. Everything else seems to work, it starts Bitwig via Push 2 Display. This happens in Bitwig 2.1.1 and 2.1.2, I have JDK 8 131b2 installed on windows 10, triple monitor setup.

odz wrote:Hi moss,

Since 9.10 push2display doesn't seem to work for me. The log says

and nothing else. It doesn't draw anything in neither the java window nor on the push. Everything else seems to work, it starts Bitwig via Push 2 Display. This happens in Bitwig 2.1.1 and 2.1.2, I have JDK 8 131b2 installed on windows 10, triple monitor setup.
The only idea I have is that you have set different ports in the extension settings than in push2display or those port(s) are in use by another service on your computer.

moss wrote:or those port(s) are in use by another service on your computer.
Oh, that was it. My VPN software interfered with Push2Display, I guess since it uses UDP to transmit the display data. Thanks a lot. For reference, I use Mullvad VPN but it shouldn't matter.

okarr wrote:I m not sure if i am doing something wrong but pretty much all buttons stay dark. push2display is working otherwise, the display is working and buttons will only light up and reveal their text when pushed and activated.
any idea what could be causing this? i am flying blind here.
functionality is there and everything seems to be working as it should be, just the button text isnt.
Wait, going offtopic here, but can you use Push2 without the external power source?

I am periodically seeing push2display crashes with this kind of error. It gets into a weird state and I have to quit Bitwig and push2display and attempt to restart a few times, usually it doesn't work and I have to completely reboot. Then it's fine for a while but happens again within an hour. Please help!!
Error in command array: No enum constant push22bitwig.model.ChannelType.INST
Unknown display command: -1
Also, maybe related, it remembers my custom chosen font and background color (confirmed it saves these to the .config file) but fader and edit color always reset to default after this crash. Even when I hit both "save" and "Use" on the new colors when I restart it.

Using jdk-8u141.

Btw, when I connected the Push2 for the first time, I got two "found controller" dialogs, and I only said ok to one of them. One of them was just "Push 2, Juergen Mossgraber" and the other one was "Push 2" but referenced "Push4Bitwig". I don't think I have any traces of the old javascript controller scripts... I removed them all from the controller scripts directory.

PLEASE HELP!!..Im struggling to get the display to work. I followed the directions, and I placed the Push2Display folder in Extensions alongside the driven by moss extensions file. but when I double Click the push2display Jar file i always get this message

Last login: Sat Jul 22 07:52:24 on ttys001
/Users/matthewarmstrong/Documents/Bitwig\ Studio/Extensions/push2display/run.command ; exit;
matthews-Mac-mini-2:~ matthewarmstrong$ /Users/matthewarmstrong/Documents/Bitwig\ Studio/Extensions/push2display/run.command ; exit;
/Users/matthewarmstrong/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/push2display/run.command: line 2: cd: /Users/matthewarmstrong/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/Push4Bitwig/push2display: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

mat2688 wrote:PLEASE HELP!!..Im struggling to get the display to work. /Users/matthewarmstrong/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/Push4Bitwig/push2display: No such file or directory
The instructions are wrong. Those run scripts are expecting the push2display folder to be under Extensions/Push4Bitwig (so just leave the actual extension file (.bwmextension) under Extensions but create a new folder there named Push4Bitwig and move the whole push2display folder into there.

The path should be ~/Documents/Bitwig\ Studio/Extensions/Push4Bitwig/push2display/run.command

I hope moss fixes the installation instructions on the wiki because I wasted a lot of time on that too and I write software for a living.

pstare wrote: Error in command array: No enum constant push22bitwig.model.ChannelType.INST
Unknown display command: -1
Would be great if you can find a way to reproduce the problem.
pstare wrote: Btw, when I connected the Push2 for the first time, I got two "found controller" dialogs, and I only said ok to one of them. One of them was just "Push 2, Juergen Mossgraber" and the other one was "Push 2" but referenced "Push4Bitwig". I don't think I have any traces of the old javascript controller scripts... I removed them all from the controller scripts directory.
If you add it you can right click on its settings header to get an option to open the location where the script/extension is stored.

Return to “Controller Scripting”