APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

nortle wrote:
JPTV wrote:
nortle wrote:
JPTV wrote:Using the APC40 MKII and this great script from Moss (thank you so much!!!), I keep having problems controlling Bitwig.

Especially the knobs react very weird, many times they have a delay when I turn a knob fast and they stutter a lot. This is very frustrating when I want to record some fast and precise effects automation, this way it's almost impossible and that was the main resin for buying the APC40 MKII.

Does anyone know if this is a APC40-MKII problem or a Bitwig problem, or even better how I can solve this problem???

Do all controllers have this problem?

Thanks!
John
Got the same problems with Win 8.1 in Bitwig AND Ableton.

Tested the controller on Bitwig/Ubuntu on another computer and there it works fine. The problem is obviously neither the controller nor the DAW. Maybe a problem with Win 8, driver or USB hardware port? Which OS do you use?
I use Windows 8.1 :D

Any idea how to solve this problem??? :help:
Same problem also on Windows 10. I have my mainboard in focus right now.

Which mainboard do you use? Got an Asrock which already attracted attention by some weird usb issues..

Try to install the Ableton Trial and look whether it appears there too.
I have a Asus mainboard but never experienced any USB problems.

Also I don't have this problem in Ableton with the APC40 MKII only in Bitwig... :?:

Okay, I did a lot of testing and can now say the follwing:

Problem appears both on win 8 and win 10.
It does not appear on different computer with Bitwig/Linux.
It does not appear on Ableton Live.

There is a huge lag in the note sequence mode. You press pads and the reaction (blinking of pads) comes with a variable latency. BUT there is only a lag concerning the "blinking" (midi in). the midi out from the controller to Bitwig itself has no lag. So you can play notes without lag.

The "stutter" is a different problem. You turn knobs on the controller and the knobs in Bitwig are jumping irregular - and so the LEDs. But no lag at the knobs.

Now comes the crazy thing. If you turn off the script and use a generic one and then affect "Midi learn" on some of the knobs: No lag, no stutter.

There seems to be something wrong with the information that Bitwig sends to the controller (for LEDs, blinking of pads etc.)

Brand new controller
Brand new windows 10 system
No other controllers plugged in

I think this is a real bug (since we are 2 people now reporting this).

Try to use the generic script and make some midi learn. U still have stutter?

Next thing I try is to replace the mainboard. Not much hope but better than doing nothing ..

hello !

i was listening a song and that made me think i still need an APC40 mkII.... (not push)

+does this device is the one that have colored clips on it ? and on bitwig ?

+does u can assign only groups bitwig in bitwig 1.2 in session view ? (the second button vertical sessions...)
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

yoshi303 wrote: +does this device is the one that have colored clips on it ? and on bitwig ?
Yes, you have coloured clips. You can see the whole functionality in my tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSNJHAGSeRo
yoshi303 wrote: +does u can assign only groups bitwig in bitwig 1.2 in session view ? (the second button vertical sessions...)
Sorry, I do not understand that question.

(hi moss, thx for your answer)

sry, (for the second question) i mean :

in bw 1.1, it seems u can assign each track in a vertical 'column'...

but is it possible to assign only groups (or buses) in bw 1.2 ? (not tracks in the groups)

not looked the video already.
night life...

yoshi303 wrote:but is it possible to assign only groups (or buses) in bw 1.2 ? (not tracks in the groups)
I have not yet thought about how to adapt the APC scripts to 1.2. Still fighting with the Push adaption. :wink:

moss wrote:
yoshi303 wrote:but is it possible to assign only groups (or buses) in bw 1.2 ? (not tracks in the groups)
I have not yet thought about how to adapt the APC scripts to 1.2. Still fighting with the Push adaption. :wink:
hey moss ! all i need with an AP is to tap mutes... and (WHY NOT)tweak 2-3 buttons !!!

but u done an awesome work on it ! :wink: (saw your video tutorial already)

maybe it's just a congratulations!, or a thk u! in the perception future to buy this to live som trax.

(i know push is sexy..) 8)
night life...

Hi,

I enjoy working with APC mini every day thanks to your script. However, with the introduction of Bitwig 1.2 group tracks, would it be possible to trigger group scenes with the pads? Because now that "group" column is unusable...

imagine2015 wrote:Hi,

I enjoy working with APC mini every day thanks to your script. However, with the introduction of Bitwig 1.2 group tracks, would it be possible to trigger group scenes with the pads? Because now that "group" column is unusable...
I will update all my Bitwig scripts when the Push script is stable enough. There are currently some bugs left on Bitwigs side. But we are getting there :-)

moss wrote:I will update all my Bitwig scripts when the Push script is stable enough. There are currently some bugs left on Bitwigs side. But we are getting there :-)
Awesome! Looking forward to the updated scripts.

The update for the APCmini is ready which is compatible with 1.2.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

* Shift+7th session button toggles VST window.
* Select next / previous device with the two green buttons on the left of the Shift-page.
* Select next / previous device parameter bank with the two orange buttons on the left of the Shift-page.
* Added notification message when switching between instrument/audio channels and effect channels.
* Fixed track navigation for effect tracks.
* Fixed octave up/down in sequencer mode.
Last edited by moss on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Version 3.00 for APC40 and APC40mkII is now also ready.

Get it from http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Compatible with Bitwig 1.2.

* Support for Browser, press Bank button and then navigate columns with the knobs.
* Switch between Chromatic and In-Key in Play-, Sequencer- and Raindrop-Mode with the middle Session button. Also as a setting in the preferences.
* Shift + Metronome: Enable Metronome Ticks
* Shift + Detail View: Toggle VST window
* Bugfix: Fixed display of note range in sequencer mode.
* Bugfix: Fixed track navigation for effect tracks.

Hi
I'm on an older Version of Bitwig (118). Do I need to update to get the APCmini-script(Latest Version) to work?
Is it back-compatible ?If not -are there older working Scripts which I could use ?
Thanks in Advance

meilenstein wrote:Hi
I'm on an older Version of Bitwig (118). Do I need to update to get the APCmini-script(Latest Version) to work?
Is it back-compatible ?If not -are there older working Scripts which I could use ?
Thanks in Advance
You need the latest 1.2. Since 1.2 is a free update I do not support older versions.

Ah ! Okay.
Thanks

Return to “Controller Scripting”