Lemur4Bitwig Template now compatible with 2.1.1

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok, yea was already wondering..

did you get it to work? What did you out into the app port in and target port in? 8000 ?

cheers

couldn't get it working yet; I just asked for some more clarification, and I will let you know what I discover. :)

What's the best way to get this script working on a mac? I have the newest version on my iPad in Lemur.app but I can't figure out what script to use to get Bitwig to recognize it? Also, what is the best way to connect Lemur to mac, are we using Lemur Daemon, OSC, Midimux? Not having any luck with any of them :( This thread is a bit hard to follow too as there has been a lot of changes over time, it seems ;)

Got it working, never mind. Cool template, many thanks to everyone who has been working on it! Reading up on this thread it looks like there will be some changes to support 1.2. Ability to dive in and out of group tracks would obviously make for a great addition :)

Thanks for writing this great script. Unfortunately I've hit a snag in connection.

I've got Lemur up on my iPad and it can receive information from Bitwig but Bitwig doesn't receive from the iPad. In settings it says script restart required. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Never mind.... I got it.

I had to set my host in Lemur settings. Was using my iPad's number, got that fixed. Working great.

Thanks again!!!

glad you like it and got it solved.

I'm also in the process of making it compatible with 1.2, just waiting for a few additions to make groups work correctly.

It will still take some time until it's ready, but i might post a beta in between.

cheers

I've been using the template the last few days and noticed that the automation and overdub buttons for the clip launcher don't work.

After doing some troubleshooting this appears to be due to the paths that the template sends don't match what the script is expecting.

That is, the template sends paths with the 1st path element as /launcher while the script expects the 2nd path element to be /launcher (/launcher/autowrite vs /autowrite/launcher).

I've attempted to fix this with a change to the template (see https://github.com/Lucid-Network/Lemur4 ... ate/pull/1) and a tweak to the script (https://github.com/csvance/Lemur4Bitwig/pull/1).

Curious to know if this is indeed an issue and if I've got the right path on the fix.

Also, I haven't been able to map the x/y pads to parameters using only an OSC target. Are these currently supported by the script?

yea sorry, probably lot's of bugs and not really working with the latest versions. :/

Hi. I put together a short video demonstrating setup and usage of the template with Bitwig. Not sure if it's helpful for newcomers but thought I'd share here to see what folks think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4b-jS3 ... e=youtu.be

Some additional details are available at

https://factotumo.com/2016/01/bitwig-le ... -and-demo/

hey, many thx for the video!

After some research and thanks to your great guide I finally got this working. I'm using it over Wi-Fi with my Galay S6 phone and my laptop. Honestly this whole program is amazing but I've got one problem. Latency is horrible for me: sometimes it's pretty quick then it wont respond for 1 sec etc... How could I improve that?

Also using the bitwig template I can't really get it to fill the screen perfect. I entered my phone's resolution for connecting in editor but still I get scroll bars. How could I get it to fill just right? In lemur settings on my phone it tells me the project resolution is 1280x676 and I'm thinking maybe I have to change the template's resolution somewhere or smth?

Thanks a lot once more in any case!

hey dona3000,

thx for checking out the template. Yea it is pretty full loaded in terms of memory consumtion and not optimized for phones actualy. There are a few things that could be improved. Basically i'm still waiting for full integration of group tracks in the API. And the Lemur4 Bitwig script hasn't been updated in a while. You could try to use the OSC4Bitwig script by moss and see how that goes.

Thanks a lot for your answer and once again for the great guide! I'll check out the OSC script to see if it's smoother for me.

Suloo wrote:
twumpy wrote:The problem seems to be the qmidinet itself. Trying different solution and will post step-to-step quide for ubuntu if succesful.

EDIT:
1. I used the alsa virtual midi ports (sudo modprobe snd_virmidi)
- I also added the ALSA Virtual MIDI script, though it might not be necessary:
http://www.bitwig.com/en/community/cont ... idi_1.html
2. Put host computer in OSC targets, port 8000 (this is basically as in pictures before)
- no midi target setup needed
3. Setup the ports in Bitwig

Had to restart Bitwig in order to start, but fumbled so much it could be just me :D

Excellent work with script, I would love to see the kind of isometric keyboard Push has, with ability to use scales. Also, pitch bend and mod wheel for the keyboard, ability to load instruments on the tracks, create and duplicate tracks etc, etc... :phones:
twumpy got it to work on linux. Does this help?
This actually helped me to get it working on linux for the first time today!! (It was kind of a back burner, low priority thing for me)

The mistake I was making was that I didn't know which virtual MIDI ports I should use after loading the virtual MIDI kernel modules. I use KXStudio's Catia as my patchbay, and by selecting Settings>Show ALSA-MIDI (experimental) I found that needed to start with virtual MIDI ports 4-0 and 4-1 (I had been starting with 1-0 and 1-1, and just moving down the line...when I'd get to 1-14 and 1-15, that's about when I would call it quits).

Once I knew to start with 4-0 and 4-1, Twumpy's post and the info you had up at https://lucid-network.github.io/Lemur4Bitwig-Template/ made it work just great!! Thanks! :tu: :tu:
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

Return to “Controller Scripting”