Lemur4Bitwig Template now compatible with 2.1.1

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello first time posting and new user to this neat template and hard work.

Any chance there is a fix or work around for why 1.39 doesn't transmit the track or BPM data to the iPad controller using Lemur liine and the L4BW template from MO$$

I have tried multiple configs but no data shows up on the mixer or scene layout.

using the latest stable build from the site for the script files, template is latest from Github, and Liine is updated too.

I assumed its either one of two things:

1) Misconfiguration by me.

2) The JS for this function is now erring because of an API update on Bitwigs part.

Any advice is appreciated in advance. :help:

I am little code savvy so I don't mind writing some if I need to.

Thanks!

sorry, i didn't pay enough attention to the project lately.

We are all a little disappointed by the limitations of the lemur app and liine is not exactly fast with updates. Not sure if it's still in active development actualy.

Maybe try the original OSC4Bitwig script, wich has been updated more frequently from here: https://github.com/git-moss/OSC4Bitwig

I will try to find some time soon, but then i guess i will strip down the template to some essentials. No clip launcher anymore for example.

Hi ! believe me ! i paid enough time trying to continue what was done. i worked for month to make the lemur template work . i'm not a coder but i have a lot to give to make things work. i had to analyse and understand the moss script, the voice303 script. i just wanted one things. make something cool to use with the lemur and bitwig. by the way . liine care absolutly not about the lemur app, voice303 have no time at all (i don't blame him), moss don't bother of lemur bug (and he make so mutch ... who can blame him to) . then i tried ... and i tried...a total failure. i spent to mutch time and ...that's the point. i could spend more time. i like to finish what i began . It works so bad with the Moss OSC4Bitwig script and not at all finally with the lemur4bitwig one with the new version of bitwig . hours/days/month spent for nothings ? perhaps if some people want to work with us (i know suloo want to finish it) ? i understand that voice303 have not the time and Moss to. perhaps if some people with the coder capability want to have the time , like me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey,

i updated and stripped down the template to the working parts. I will see if i can get the browser to work correctly and bring back the device page. So far we have to live with this reduced features. Hope you still enjoy it and see some value in the mixer page at least. There are VU Meters now :party:

I added the availabe group actions to the mixer. If you got a group in the session, you can now enter it via the GRP In buttons above the tracks, and if you wanna leave the group you can use the global Group out button on the top right of the mixer page.

cheers

So, I spent the day messing/testing diferent configs with this. To no avail really.

I think the guys at bitwig have done something in these last few patches that have made it really weird for this particular set up (OSC in general?).

1) I can see my ipad update based on the desktop with OSC only. No midi configs. Lemur daemon running of course.

2) With midi added in the ipad config with the OSC settings, I can now map actions in Bitwig and control as such. No feedback though. BTW, requires me to go in via the Lemur editor, and make each control mapped to midi 0 to be usable/seen by Bitwig when using midi learn.

3) Currently you can get the titles of the first 3 tracks using OSC. Then no more. You can also get some other feedback, but again, no controls sent to bitwig.

4) So much for trying to be cheap and reuse an old ipad for a midi device. I had a lot of crashing with Bitwig (latest) and lemur today.

So my end thoughts are, if you want to go through all the mappings and save a template project, might do what you need to it to do make music. A bit tedious in my opinion.

As for me , the show must go on, so I run back to Ableton. At least there I know my lemur device will work as expected for now until I make the purchase for a more intuitive midi interface. ( Saving for my first home, so all toys are banned until after the purchase.)

Thanks to : Moßß, .maki, and Zengel (& anyone else) for all the hard work. Lets hope one day Lemur is revived/updated from the guys at Liine.

Cheers!

Hi Vylent Hands,

wich Bitwig version are you using? Are you on mac or pc?

I didn't spend time with the template lately, especially i didn't check things with 2.0 yet. Moss is currently rewriting all of his scripts in Java, so OSC4Bitwig will get a big overhaul. Regarding the midi channels, i think that is a bitwig bug with 2.0 and is supposed to be fixed in 2.1.

I will try to find some time to look into soon. Thanks for your interest, i also hope it turns out working again.

Updated the install instructions. Now the template can be used with the new script written in java by moss and bitwig 2.1.1.

Any questions feel free to ask.

cheers

Return to “Controller Scripting”