Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

m83nyc
KVRist
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Post Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:11 am

Yes but to code this way you have to know a decent amount, maybe Moss will try what we are speaking of and add it to his script. I have seen some guys do it for others, or maybe he will show us the edits to help us learn a little.

User avatar
moss
KVRian
1380 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Arturia Beatstep support is here

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:09 pm

V2.00 is ready which is compatible with Bitwig 1.2. It also supports the Beatstep Pro.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Changes:

* Support for Pro
* Modes can be changed with the Shift button
* If you select Play Mode twice you can toggle the 1st row with Device Macros
* Swapped the rows of Macros and Parameters in Device Mode (to be consistent with 2nd Play Mode)
* You can now select the pad layout of the scale in the properties
* Support for Bitwig 1.2 browser
* Support for Bitwig 1.2 group navigation
* Support to open/close VST windows
* Fixed: Selection of crossfader

User avatar
moss
KVRian
1380 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:05 am

There's a small update available:

* 8 Pads in the browser mode can now be used for preset preview.
* Fixed: Note range did not cover the full range (octave range extended).

Furthermore, I did a tutorial video which shows the new features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-OGhkM4jA

codec17
KVRAF
1514 posts since 14 Feb, 2010

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm

WOW!!
Im flabbergasted what you did here... I dont own a beatstep, but again WOW! That "little" thing is really handy in this way, specially with the shift button now! Because i looked at the previous movie,and didnt really like the BIG knob selecter!(no offense of course) Now i really considering one.. (Push in your backpack i dont like on daily basis. :-) )
I bow down with this one! :hail:

User avatar
moss
KVRian
1380 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:42 am

codec17 wrote:WOW!!
Im flabbergasted what you did here... I dont own a beatstep, but again WOW! That "little" thing is really handy in this way, specially with the shift button now! Because i looked at the previous movie,and didnt really like the BIG knob selecter!(no offense of course) Now i really considering one.. (Push in your backpack i dont like on daily basis. :-) )
I bow down with this one! :hail:
Yes, the little cutie is a real beast! :tu:

olaims
KVRist
133 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:40 am

Thanks a lot for your work!! :)

Nice to see that I will be able to use the Beatstep Pro for controlling Bitwig too :D

User avatar
moss
KVRian
1380 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:10 am

Not really Bitwig related but might be of interest to Beatstep Pro owners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMrNSXsjjO8

m83nyc
KVRist
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:35 pm

stupid question but does this new update have issues with bitwig 1.3 ? Your update looks amazing but I cannot get it to talk well with bitwig 1.3

User avatar
moss
KVRian
1380 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:03 am

m83nyc wrote:stupid question but does this new update have issues with bitwig 1.3 ? Your update looks amazing but I cannot get it to talk well with bitwig 1.3
Works fine with 1.3- Have you followed the installation in thw Wiki?

m83nyc
KVRist
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:39 am

I have I think the biggest issue is the different modes and navigation is a bit corky. I will watch video one then two and make sure i am doing everything to the tee right. I also notice when doing drum or seq the notes to not write.

Does the ext sync work in the new upgrade you did ?

m83nyc
KVRist
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:44 am

Hey So I got it all working although have issues with play/seq on drum and seq area. Nothing sounds I will figure it out.

olaims
KVRist
133 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:08 am

I dont know what I do wrong, but with a Beatstep Pro (loaded Script with MIDI Control Center) every time I press the play button in Bitwig or the Beatstep, it starts automatically recording...

Image

I think I´m doing something wrong :/

User avatar
moss
KVRian
1380 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:52 am

olaims wrote:I dont know what I do wrong, but with a Beatstep Pro (loaded Script with MIDI Control Center) every time I press the play button in Bitwig or the Beatstep, it starts automatically recording...
I think I´m doing something wrong :/
This button sends the same CC as the one I assigned to the pad for starting record. As I said in the tutorial video and wiki, stay away from the navigation buttons when you use the script.

m83nyc
KVRist
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Moss,
I am really loving the script ! well for the most part minus the fact so reason a lot of things stop working in 1.3.1

After I install it and do the steps it works fine but then when i close bitwig and re open it doesn't work. I do have a Arturia keylab 49 setup also so not sure if that is causing an issue when Bitwig starts.

User avatar
moss
KVRian
1380 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Arturia Beatstep and Beatstep Pro support is here

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 pm

m83nyc wrote:Moss,
I am really loving the script ! well for the most part minus the fact so reason a lot of things stop working in 1.3.1

After I install it and do the steps it works fine but then when i close bitwig and re open it doesn't work. I do have a Arturia keylab 49 setup also so not sure if that is causing an issue when Bitwig starts.
There is a bug in the startup procedure of Bitwig Studio which I hope that they find some time to look into that.

Return to “Controller Scripting”