Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I released a small update 1.01:

- Fixed: Notes did not cover the full range (octave range extended).

The tutorial video is now online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AoQStXs9o

Moss,

Gotta say, I'm loving this script. I grabbed the mk2 (saving for the pro) but I seem to be having issues with the lights. Have you seen any of this happen? I made a video just to show you what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNoxNDNdyuE

The functionality works exactly as described so I have no problem using it, its only the lights.

I'm on Bitwig 1.3 (had this issue with 1.2 as well though), Mac OS X 10.10.2.

-Dan

edit: just so you know the video is unlisted, so the only place you can see it is here. I only made the video to help explain the issues and I can take it down once you see it.

dplduffy wrote: Gotta say, I'm loving this script. I grabbed the mk2 (saving for the pro) but I seem to be having issues with the lights. Have you seen any of this happen? I made a video just to show you what I mean.
Hi Dan,

I pushed the buttons like crazy but cannot reproduce it on Windows 10. Since I do not have a Mac I am kind of lost here. I got also some strange reports with Push4Bitwig on OS X that's why I wonder if there is anything broken there.
I will try to ask the Bitwig guys. Please keep the video alive for some time.

Cheers.

Yeah I noticed in you're videos it seemed that on Windows it worked fine. I'll keep the video up, just let me know.

moss wrote:
Hi Dan,

I pushed the buttons like crazy but cannot reproduce it on Windows 10. Since I do not have a Mac I am kind of lost here. I got also some strange reports with Push4Bitwig on OS X that's why I wonder if there is anything broken there.
I will try to ask the Bitwig guys. Please keep the video alive for some time.

Cheers.
Hey Moss,

I just wanted to let you and the Bigwig guys know I updated to OSX10.11 and it seems to have definitely improved the buttons. I am still having issues like i was before with them not lighting up, but it seems to mainly be when I hit the "Mixer" button now. Not sure if this will help, but just wanted to let you know.

I did a clean install, so it could also be a driver I had installed that I didn't reinstall but I unfortunately don't have list of those hah.

-Dan

Deleted (double post)

moss wrote:If someone has a Launchpad Pro and runs Linux please tell me if the auto detection is working. If not I'd like to know the names of the midi ports.
Auto detection under Linux works. Thanks a lot for the script!

f0recast wrote:
moss wrote:If someone has a Launchpad Pro and runs Linux please tell me if the auto detection is working. If not I'd like to know the names of the midi ports.
Auto detection under Linux works. Thanks a lot for the script!
Good to know! Thanks.

Hi moss,

thank you very much for this great script! Does your script support poly aftertouch? I can not figure it out how it works :-(
When I integrate the Launchpad Pro without your script aftertouch works for me.

Best regards, Alex

Hi moss,

another question: is it possible to set the original colours from Launchpad Pro only for the note layout? I have approx. 64 different white "colours" on my Launchpad Pro, from dirty white to clean white and that looks not very good.

Best regards, Alex

XelaBit wrote:Hi moss,

thank you very much for this great script! Does your script support poly aftertouch? I can not figure it out how it works :-(
When I integrate the Launchpad Pro without your script aftertouch works for me.

Best regards, Alex
Should work. Check if Polyaftertouch is activated for the user mode on the Launchpad Pro and check the setting of what to do with Polyaftertouch in the script configuration (in the settings dialog).

XelaBit wrote:Hi moss,

another question: is it possible to set the original colours from Launchpad Pro only for the note layout? I have approx. 64 different white "colours" on my Launchpad Pro, from dirty white to clean white and that looks not very good.

Best regards, Alex
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean. Can you please rephrase?

Hi!
When you use the Launchpad Pro without your script, the colours for the pads in note layout mode are violet for the root notes and bluegreen for the rest. I find these colours very eye friendly. When I use your script the colours are blue for the root notes and the rest are white in note mode (like the original push controller). The colour white is a little bit problematic because of the rgb led's. Is it possible to use the original colours instead of white and blue in note layout?

Best regards, Alex

Hi moss,

poly aftertouch does not work for me. It is activated on Launchpad Pro:
http://www.bonedo.de/fileadmin/Images/R ... manual.jpg

and in the device settings in Bitwig "Convert poly aftertouch to poly aftertouch". Definitely not working. When I use the Launchpad Pro without the script poly aftertouch works.

Best regards, Alex

Return to “Controller Scripting”