Sending SysEx for scribble strip display

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am working my way through trying to convert an MCU script to a custom faderport 8 script.

Today I have tried to re-write the sendSysex commands and I can't see to get the format right.

When in mackie mode, the script will send out sysex in the following format "f0 00 00 66 141200 54 65 73 74 20 20 20 f7" and that will display on the scribble strip fine. Changing the faderport 8 to Studio One mode (for custom scripts) breaks the display, because it requires a different sysex format I'm guessing. In the faderport 8 mode the new header is F0 00 01 06 02 as per the manual (attached) and format required is:

<SysExHdr> 12, xx, yy, zz, tx,tx,tx,... F7
xx = scribble strip id 0-7
yy = line number 0-3
zz = alignment flag and normal/inverted
•• flag bits xxxxiaa (0000000 = centered normal)
•• aa = alignment (center: 0, left: 1, right: 2)
•• i = inverted
•• x = not used
tx = text in ASCII format

In my script I am trying to test with:

var Sysex = SYSEX_HDR + " 12 " + uint7ToHex(0) + uint7ToHex(0) + uint7ToHex(0) + text.toHex(7) + "F7";
println(Sysex);
sendSysex(Sysex);

which outputs this in the console (text variable above = Test):

F0 00 01 06 02 12 00 00 00 54 65 73 74 20 20 20 F7

but nothing shows up on the scribble script. Is there something obvious that I am missing. I've tried a number of variations on the above.

Happy to send off to PreSonus but wanted a sanity check first.

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Figured it out (no thanks to PreSonus support though).

Nothing wrong with my sysex format, just needed to initialize the scribble script with another sysex message before it will receive text.

Can you share the command you used to initialize the scribble script please.

yeah .. could you share the magic trick.. please...

Return to “Controller Scripting”