DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Version 8.60 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.1+.
  • Known Issues
    • User banks are broken since 3.1 (they do not work with the new hardware API).
  • AutoColor
    • Fixed: Crashed on startup
  • Launchpad
    • New: Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers: draw longer notes in darker color
  • Mackie MCU
    • New: Added an explicit setting for devices with only 1 channel ("Has only 1 fader"), e.g. the Behringer X-Touch One. For devices with the normal 8 channels the select button now works again in marker and device mode.
    • New: Send button states for function keys (F1-F5) which turns on the LED if the device has one and supports it (e.g. Behringer X-Touch One).
    • New: Knob LEDs in device mode show only one dot
    • Fixed: Knob speed was too slow
    • Fixed: Knob LEDs were off when panorama was fully left
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • Include Bitwig template as Template (Bitwig.ncmm3) again, not the full Memory dump (Bitwig.ncc).
    • You need to load this new template into the Maschine (Bitwig.ncmm3) first (due to changes to the Touchstrip settings).
    • New: Change note repeat period and length via ribbon (MOD: CC1, CC11; PERFORM: Master Volume; NOTES: Note Repeat Period / Length)
    • New: The touchstrip LEDs are updated matching the selected mode.
    • New: Pitchbend modes of touchstrip return to zero setting when finger is released.
    • New: Flipped direction of Pitchbend Down Mode of touchstrip to match the LEDs.
    • New: Added setting "Action for pressing rec armed empty clip"
    • New: Erase+pad deletes scene, clip, track (depending on the selected mode)
    • New: Duplicate+pad duplicates scene, clip, track (depending on the selected mode)
    • New: Browser+pad in Clip Mode opens the browser to load a clip
    • New: Stop+pad in Clip Mode stops the clip. Clips queued to be stopped are now lit in dark green
  • Native Instruments Kontrol 1
    • Fixed: Did crash when there was not track in the project
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Long press notes in Drum, Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers to edit it.
    • New: Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers: draw longer notes in darker color
    • New: Slow down value changes in note repeat mode
    • New: Change note repeat period and length via ribbon
Enjoy!

Maybe I missed this as an issue previously reported, but I ran a search here to ensure the obvious keywords didn't appear together. When using Push 2, toggling audio engine "off" freezes controls on Push (cannot turn it back on or navigate to other menus), and switching to a different project via Push from a project with audio engine "on" to a project with it, of course, "off" results in the same freeze. Hopefully this is simply a "problem between chair and keyboard."

Cheers and thank you!

Moss 8.60 (previous version presented same issues)
Bitwig 3.1
Push 2 (Latest Firmware)
OSX Catalina 10.5.2

moss wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm Version 8.60 is online!
Thanks Moss ! I just get back to my home and will begin to play with all this ! ;)
Have a nice day !

moss wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm Version 8.60 is online!
Great thank you!

Thank you!!!

Moss, you are the man.
Thanx so much for all your hard work.

I noticed your 8.60 release requires bitwig 3.1
I however have 3.02 and my upgrade cycle has expired.
I installed your latest release just to see if it works (Im using beatstep) and the stop and play button work as well as the pads however I am not able to get the other functions to work.
I realize you specified that 3.1 is needed however I just wanted to give it a go and see what happens.

Your previous release 8.50; would that work with bitwig 3.02?
If yes is there any chance I can get a copy?

If not, I guess my only option is to upgrade bitwig to 3.1?

Thanx again for all that you do.

J.

hexfarmer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:31 am Moss, you are the man.
Thanx so much for all your hard work.

I noticed your 8.60 release requires bitwig 3.1
I however have 3.02 and my upgrade cycle has expired.
I installed your latest release just to see if it works (Im using beatstep) and the stop and play button work as well as the pads however I am not able to get the other functions to work.
I realize you specified that 3.1 is needed however I just wanted to give it a go and see what happens.

Your previous release 8.50; would that work with bitwig 3.02?
If yes is there any chance I can get a copy?

If not, I guess my only option is to upgrade bitwig to 3.1?

Thanx again for all that you do.

J.
Download Version 7.60 from my homepage, which supports all Bitwig versions from 2.4 upwards.

This may be a noob question, but is there an easy way to modify the script so that the 8 knobs on the S61 mk ii always MIDI map to the active device's panel mapping knobs?

EDIT: oops. Been a few months since I used the script and forgot about the added feature :lol:
Last edited by daily patcher on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qoyl wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:44 am This may be a noob question, but is there an easy way to modify the script so that the 8 knobs on the S61 mk ii always MIDI map to the active device's panel mapping knobs?
This is already possible. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwjv9wgCtWI

I'm currently using a Launchpad X with the 7.60 version of your script. I'm pretty sure I'm being thick here but I can't figure out how to delete a clip from the launcher. I'm supposed to press delete and the clip but on the X since there isn't a dedicated button the function Delete is on the shift page. All I've managed to do is deleting the active track. Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Cheers!

Hi Jurgen, Again great work.

Because of your script I purchased the Novation 49SLMK3 and the Launchpad Mini Mk3.

I am using the Novation 49SLMkIII controller and since the latest version of the script (and maybe previous as well) I got "java.lang.NullpointerExeption" error when selecting a track with the top buttons, and pressing the same button again. (the buttons just below the screens).

I also have a suggestion for the SL49MKIII script:
When having a drummaschine on a channel, and selecting the drum view (Grid button) on the MKIII.
Playing the drum rack sounds works fine, however it would be great if it would "select" the drum pad in the Bitwig Drummaschine when hitting the pad on the MKIII showing the correct sampler assigned to that sound.
Not sure if it is then possible to automatically show the pad parameters on the screens (Sampler Pitch, Filter etc)
Basically 1 layer deeper than the current.
Currently I still have to manually select the sampler in Bitwig in order to see above pad setting (Sample pitch etc)

In ableton the workflow is as suggested above and you can select the actual sampler assigned to each pad and change the settings like pitch etc on the MKIII screens. (pressing options button)

Alma Mare wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:33 pm I'm currently using a Launchpad X with the 7.60 version of your script. I'm pretty sure I'm being thick here but I can't figure out how to delete a clip from the launcher. I'm supposed to press delete and the clip but on the X since there isn't a dedicated button the function Delete is on the shift page. All I've managed to do is deleting the active track. Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Cheers!
You are doing nothing wrong. It is simply not possible since as you noted you cannot combine the buttons. I will put this on the list, to look into an alternative solution.

djpremacy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:44 pm I am using the Novation 49SLMkIII controller and since the latest version of the script (and maybe previous as well) I got "java.lang.NullpointerExeption" error when selecting a track with the top buttons, and pressing the same button again. (the buttons just below the screens).
Can you please post the full exception, you can find it in the script console.
djpremacy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:44 pm When having a drummaschine on a channel, and selecting the drum view (Grid button) on the MKIII.
Playing the drum rack sounds works fine, however it would be great if it would "select" the drum pad in the Bitwig Drummaschine when hitting the pad on the MKIII showing the correct sampler assigned to that sound.
Not sure if it is then possible to automatically show the pad parameters on the screens (Sampler Pitch, Filter etc)
Basically 1 layer deeper than the current.
Currently I still have to manually select the sampler in Bitwig in order to see above pad setting (Sample pitch etc)

In ableton the workflow is as suggested above and you can select the actual sampler assigned to each pad and change the settings like pitch etc on the MKIII screens. (pressing options button)
I did that for the Push controllers, so it is possible but requires hierarchical navigation. Will put it on the wishlist.

moss wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:46 pm
Alma Mare wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:33 pm I'm currently using a Launchpad X with the 7.60 version of your script. I'm pretty sure I'm being thick here but I can't figure out how to delete a clip from the launcher. I'm supposed to press delete and the clip but on the X since there isn't a dedicated button the function Delete is on the shift page. All I've managed to do is deleting the active track. Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Cheers!
You are doing nothing wrong. It is simply not possible since as you noted you cannot combine the buttons. I will put this on the list, to look into an alternative solution.
Thanks, that would be awesome! Maybe a way to send the delete control to the session view, in the same way mute and solo buttons are activated? Just shooting the breeze.

Thanks again, rock on

moss wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:23 am Download Version 7.60 from my homepage, which supports all Bitwig versions from 2.4 upwards.
Hi Moss, I did as you suggested, I installed 7.60 and almost everything is good
(beatstep + bitwig 3.02)
- big knob moves time cursor
- pads are working
- *some of the knobs are working as well

however I am unable to change modes.
for example I am trying to get into the "play" mode and so I hold shift while pressing the third-from left top pad but nothing happens.
no matter what, (for example) the far-right bottom knob is always adjusting crossfade no matter how many times I try to change the mode.

Perhaps the 7.60 version has different controls? I am only able to find one set of instructions for beatstep so Im not sure if it applies to all versions or only to the newest one.

please advise and thanks again!

Return to “Controller Scripting”