DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

I love your work, fantastic !!!!

But I have an issue though, the moment I add/load/enable your plugin DrivenByMoss v 8.98 in a project, Mac OS X 10.14.6 in Reaper v6.0.2 , while running Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 on a track it forces VEP 7 to save every 5 seconds continually.

Any suggestions as I will be using your plugin for my Mackie MCU for Huge Orchestral scoring via VEP 7 ? The aforementioned issue makes this impossible.

noxxle_ wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:14 am moss, any plans to add support for the Launchkey mk2 non-mini series?
Sorry, no.

Hi moss, I wondered if it was possible in Flexi to convert a knob/jogwheel that reports direction with acceleration to a linear 0 to 127 value? e.g. a DJ controller jogwheel that is Relative (65-127 increments, 63-0 decrements) to a 0-127 CC value.

raveystabs wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:56 pm Hi moss, I wondered if it was possible in Flexi to convert a knob/jogwheel that reports direction with acceleration to a linear 0 to 127 value? e.g. a DJ controller jogwheel that is Relative (65-127 increments, 63-0 decrements) to a 0-127 CC value.
You cannot convert a relative value to an absolute one without knowning the last state, which is not kept by the Fexi. So, no.
Is there a reason you need absolute CC? If not you can simply select the relative knob version you need and map it to any continuous parameter available.

moss wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:35 pm You cannot convert a relative value to an absolute one without knowning the last state, which is not kept by the Fexi. So, no.
Is there a reason you need absolute CC? If not you can simply select the relative knob version you need and map it to any continuous parameter available.
I was really just looking for the ability to map say a DJ controller jog wheel flexibly to a Bitwig knob by right clicking and have it stick there (Mackie knobs also similar). Or, via a MIDI mod on the device (e.g. CC 99 mapped to the knob but is getting the control script converted value). This allows the controller to always target the same knob over e.g. Device 1 Parameter 1, which is context sensitive and works on the current selection/device page.

I guess the controller script would need to remember the value (0-127) but also perhaps reinstate that if possible from the mapped control knob just before value adjustment, which I'm not sure is even possible in Bitwig scripts. This sort of conversion could be very useful though.

raveystabs wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:17 pm
moss wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:35 pm You cannot convert a relative value to an absolute one without knowning the last state, which is not kept by the Fexi. So, no.
I was really just looking for the ability to map say a DJ controller jog wheel flexibly to a Bitwig knob by right clicking and have it stick there (Mackie knobs also similar). Or, via a MIDI mod on the device (e.g. CC 99 mapped to the knob but is getting the control script converted value). This allows the controller to always target the same knob over e.g. Device 1 Parameter 1, which is context sensitive and works on the current selection/device page.
That is totally possible. Move the wheel, assign the MIDI, change the type to your relative mode.
After that select the function you want to execute, e.g. Device Parameter 1 as you described above or if you want to assign flexibly, assign User Parameter 1 (this is for right mouse clicking).
Maybe watch my Youtube tutorials for the generic Flexi.

Hi moss!

Just a little heads up: It seems the OSC user parameters are not working in the 3.2 Beta :) (or i am too stupid right now :D )

I just released DrivenByMoss 8.98 as well as a 9.0 Beta version, which fixes some issues with API changes in Bitwig 3.2.

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

• Requires Bitwig 3.1.3
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Sometimes non-existing notes appeared when switching sequencer pages
  • OSC
    • New: Added /device/parameters {0,1}
    • Fixed: OpenStageControl template: Fixed touch commands on faders
9.00 Beta 3
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2 Beta 3
  • Known Issues: OSC User parameters are broken
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Grid pads did only play MIDI notes but did not execute secondary function - necessary adaption to API 11
  • Push
    • Fixed: User parameters did not display infomation (name, value, ...), modulated value still missing - necessary adaption to API 11
    Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:12 pm I just released DrivenByMoss 8.98 as well as a 9.0 Beta version, which fixes some issues with API changes in Bitwig 3.2.

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

• Requires Bitwig 3.1.3
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Sometimes non-existing notes appeared when switching sequencer pages
  • OSC
    • New: Added /device/parameters {0,1}
    • Fixed: OpenStageControl template: Fixed touch commands on faders
9.00 Beta 3
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2 Beta 3
  • Known Issues: OSC User parameters are broken
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Grid pads did only play MIDI notes but did not execute secondary function - necessary adaption to API 11
  • Push
    • Fixed: User parameters did not display infomation (name, value, ...), modulated value still missing - necessary adaption to API 11
    Enjoy!
Tested with 3.2 Beta 3 and 9.00 Beta 3: Launchkey Mini MK3 and Launchpad Mini Mk3 do work again in the drum modes.

Thanks!!

I’m super grateful on the mappings, made my work with the beatstep and BW much better and so thank you Moss!

I tried to use the new beta 3 with the beta 3 BW but the encoders side are not responding. I can still use the keypads and change the modes but can’t dial up. I bet it’s part of some changes in the new version.

Lusamars wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:49 pm I’m super grateful on the mappings, made my work with the beatstep and BW much better and so thank you Moss!

I tried to use the new beta 3 with the beta 3 BW but the encoders side are not responding. I can still use the keypads and change the modes but can’t dial up. I bet it’s part of some changes in the new version.
Thanks for reporting. Will check.

I just tried out the 3.2 beta with DrivenByMoss 8.98 on my APC40 mkII. Everything seems to be working fine but a really nice addition would be if the selected device would follow the selected pad on the drum machine with the new "Follow Played Notes" mode in 3.2.

Hi,Mr.Moss.
I love DrivenByMoss and MCU Devices.
I have X-Touch One and Platform Nano.but I cna't previous /next Parameter Pages.
I can move 1 parameter,not prameter Pages.
Please move next page,as Platform M+ etc like as Standard MCU Devices .
Please add previous/next parameter bank pages.
Platform Nano has 4 Knobs and swiching 5-8 knobs .
Its very usefull.
Please add new features.
Thanks for read.
I love DrivenByMoss.and thanks for your hard work!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

It seems the Push 2 sequencers are broken with 3.2b3 & DBM9 beta.
I can’t enter notes.

Edit:
It seemed to be a user error, sorry

Hello, Thanks so much for your scripts! I have been using them for years now.
For the first time, I'm having major problems after upgrading to version 3.1 for the Akai APC40mkII.
None of the clips launch buttons light up when they contain clips. I cannot start or stop clips from the clip launcher. The volumes work, as well as the global Play, Pan, record, solo...
But nothing from the clip pad buttons.
When reopening Bitwig, the scene launch buttons are lit (rows 1,2,4 and 5, but not 3).
Previously, I recall needing to press SHIFT+SceneLaunch(top row) in order to enter the normal clip launch mode. Now that button press combination has no effect.
Thanks for your help! I know you must be busy with version 3.2, I hope we don't get left behind on 3.1 because I can't afford to renew my Bitwig license at the moment.

Return to “Controller Scripting”