DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Well, that explains that, then! :)
moss wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:27 pm
auricle wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:47 pm Hi Moss,

Bitwig 3.2 beta 5 and DrivenbyMoss 9.00 beta 5 with Push 2.

It seems with the PolySequencer, I can't alter the note values by holding the pad on the Push 2. It doesn't matter how long I hold the pad showing the note, the display does not show the note parameters and just deactivates the note when I release the pad.

It works as it should in normal Sequencer mode.
This feature is not available for Poly Sequencer.

Hi Moss,

I suggest you update the documentation: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... on-Push.md

Under

Sequencer Functions common to all sequencers (except Raindrop)

• Long press a pad which contains a note to edit the parameters of the note.
Which gives the impression that this feature is available for all sequencers except the Raindrop.

It seems with the PolySequencer, I can't alter the note values by holding the pad on the Push 2. It doesn't matter how long I hold the pad showing the note, the display does not show the note parameters and just deactivates the note when I release the pad.

auricle wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:25 am Hi Moss,

I suggest you update the documentation: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... on-Push.md

Under

Sequencer Functions common to all sequencers (except Raindrop)

• Long press a pad which contains a note to edit the parameters of the note.
Which gives the impression that this feature is available for all sequencers except the Raindrop.

Done.

SLiC wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:04 pm I just got hold of a new launchpad Pro MK3 - any plans for a Bitwig script for this? It seems like an ideal controller for Bitwig (and of course Live) for half the cost of a PUSH (and of course the dedicated hardware sequencer that made me go for it :wink: )
I second that. Although I haven't bought it yet, I have my eyes on it but the fact that I might not have a nice integration with BW is pushing me away.
Any plans for it Moss? :)

amgc wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:42 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:04 pm I just got hold of a new launchpad Pro MK3 - any plans for a Bitwig script for this? It seems like an ideal controller for Bitwig (and of course Live) for half the cost of a PUSH (and of course the dedicated hardware sequencer that made me go for it :wink: )
I second that. Although I haven't bought it yet, I have my eyes on it but the fact that I might not have a nice integration with BW is pushing me away.
As I commented now several times, I hope to support it next month.

Here is a rundown of the new features in 9.0 Beta 5:
https://youtu.be/VgNSy0GWx0w

Your last version of the script made me rethink about making groups of tracks to deactivate and then hideable . the hide deactivate tracks function you introduce is exactly what is needed to do that .
I experimented with shortcuts and i discovered that it was possible to select multiple tracks with a single shortcut to deactivate them simultaneously ! Then with two shortcut it's possible to deactive 2 arbitrary groups of tracks. And one tracks can have as many shortcut as you want it seems. Then for one track you can deactivate it for a group of tracks and activate it for one other group !!!!! It means that it's already possible to manage arbitrary hideable groups of tracks ! lol .Then i was thinking...should it be possible to have something like that in your script to have instead of shortcuts ,manageable groups of tracks to hide(deactivate) and show(activate) ? Sorry if it's absolutly not clear and i will make a video to show what i want to talk about . i just discovered that , then it's a little confused ! sorry ! And Big Thanks for all your great work !

Hello,

The there a quick fix to export flexi setting without using bitwig in administrator mode (windows) ? Loading provides a file requestor, but export generates an "error writing file (access denied) if i'm not using bitwig in admin. mode.

moss wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:48 am
amgc wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:42 pm
As I commented now several times, I hope to support it next month.
Thanks Very Much :party: :tu:

Its a GREAT controller, I have been using it with Live 10.1 and its pretty seamless (although I can't get velocity applied to clip launch...I don't think Bitwig supports this anyway).

They just did a nice little update so you have an/off switch for the LEDs, that was pretty much my only complaint resolved....cant wait to see what you do with this in Bitwig, the poly after touch is wasted in Live!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Stupid question! Is there support for launchpad mini mk3?

--

dot.solenoid wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 pm Hello,

The there a quick fix to export flexi setting without using bitwig in administrator mode (windows) ? Loading provides a file requestor, but export generates an "error writing file (access denied) if i'm not using bitwig in admin. mode.
Could it be that you are trying to store the file in a folder which requires admin rights?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:00 pm Stupid question! Is there support for launchpad mini mk3?
Yes.

On Windows 10, Bitwig 3.1.3, your drivers version 8.98 I'm having problem scrolling through Presets after hitting Browser on the Push 1.

I thought it might be a pot failing me but when using that pot to change values in Volume or Pan the knob works as expected.

The behavior with Presets is that it scrolls through a few Presets and then hangs, jumps forward 4 to 8 Presets and no matter how carefully I try to turn the knob to pick a specific Preset it simply won't move just one line. I've tried this with a few synth Presets also and have gotten the same behavior.

jwise wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:56 am On Windows 10, Bitwig 3.1.3, your drivers version 8.98 I'm having problem scrolling through Presets after hitting Browser on the Push 1.

I thought it might be a pot failing me but when using that pot to change values in Volume or Pan the knob works as expected.

The behavior with Presets is that it scrolls through a few Presets and then hangs, jumps forward 4 to 8 Presets and no matter how carefully I try to turn the knob to pick a specific Preset it simply won't move just one line. I've tried this with a few synth Presets also and have gotten the same behavior.
I can reproduce that but I am afraid I cannot fix that. The problem is that Bitwig attempts to load the presets, which causes the delay. Will ask if there is a solution.

Return to “Controller Scripting”