DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

auricle wrote: There's something definitely off with the sequencer mode. Here's what I do:

1) I set the scale on the Push e.g. E minor.
2) I select 'Sequencer' mode and click 'New' to create a new 1 bar clip.
3) I use the Octave up/down keys to select a range - in this example I chose E3 to D4.
4) I press the pad corresponding the root note - but in this case, instead of creating an E3 it creates a E6 instead.
Yes, it is a known bug which got introduced somewhere around 2.3.x.
I thought it got fixed in Beta 3 but it is there again in Beta 4. The bug is docunmented here: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... issues/211
You can make your voice heard by reporting it too :-)

eschalit wrote:Hi

Using DrivenByMoss for Novation LaunchPad Pro. (Latest version of extension on Bitwig 2.3.5)

I noticed that in session mode, tracks that are inactivated in Bitwig still show up, even if they are hidden in Bitwig. I am assuming this is not the expected behavior so reporting it here.

Emmanuel
This is simply not available via the API. Please submit to Bitwig as a feature request.

Righto, I'll report it to them.
moss wrote: Yes, it is a known bug which got introduced somewhere around 2.3.x.
I thought it got fixed in Beta 3 but it is there again in Beta 4. The bug is docunmented here: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... issues/211

moss wrote:
eschalit wrote:Hi

Using DrivenByMoss for Novation LaunchPad Pro. (Latest version of extension on Bitwig 2.3.5)

I noticed that in session mode, tracks that are inactivated in Bitwig still show up, even if they are hidden in Bitwig. I am assuming this is not the expected behavior so reporting it here.

Emmanuel
This is simply not available via the API. Please submit to Bitwig as a feature request.

Thanks Moss, will do. Love your extension otherwise.

Hi Moss,

Your work on Push2 is amazing, thank you!

I am running Bitwig 2.4 Beta 4, and I noticed this issue:

On most VST I use (Soundtoys / Waves for example), changing values to minimum or maximum values results in a not quite minimum value displayed on the screen. Let's say the min / max is 0 - 10, Push 2 will display 0.315 or something like that rather than 0 when knob is pulled all the way down. Effect is more extreme when moving the knob faster. I notice that the value on the Bitwig controller popup (the new one on the bottom status bar) the values are reflecting the minimum (0) or maximum (10) correctly, and also the plugins too. I just thought I would mention this if it helps :)

Many thanks once again!!
Peter
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

I haven't used Bitwig for a while but this script never gave me issues in the past, however, last night I could not get it to work. Bitwig recognizes the controller and the script panel pops up for you to set your preferences, however, the launchpad wont work with the script.

If I set it up as a generic device Launchpad Pro works fine, but it will not work with the DRivenByMoss script. I have used this script allot in the past.

Any suggestions?

Esla

did you read this by MOss

Some important remarks:
This is beta software: No whining, no complaining, just bug reporting
You need Bitwig 2.4 Beta 2
See the Github Wiki for a changes list (everything marked as "unreleased")
It is NOT compatible with 2.3.5. Since you can have only one of the files in your extension folder, back up the old one and exchange them if you want to switch versions.
Push 2: You do not need Push2Display anymore! So, don't start it with Bitwig or you will get a conflict.
There is new support for the NI Kontrol 1! It uses USB and has much more features!

Get the beta here: http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/DrivenByMossBeta4.zip

Last but not least: Have fun!
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

That is fair. I had not seen that, I wish I had. I don't know if the version that worked for a while was the latest or a previous version or if it was a fluke that it worked at all with 2.3.5. I deleted it and replace with the new one:( I will wait until 2.4 comes out as I am currently out of subscription without access to beta. I am not motivated to get back in until 2.4 is released.

Mr. Moss, if you want any suggestions, an "LED dim" feature would be great for peoples retnas;-)

Cheers!

Hi Moss,

Just had this reply on the GitHub Issues thread:
"The problem is that you are calling scrollToKey(36) which sets the new base key in one of your clips you create. This is what causes the key to be inserted in the wrong place. I've improved the documentation but the actual fix needs to be on your side to not call scrollToKey if you don't want to."
moss wrote:
auricle wrote: There's something definitely off with the sequencer mode. Here's what I do:

1) I set the scale on the Push e.g. E minor.
2) I select 'Sequencer' mode and click 'New' to create a new 1 bar clip.
3) I use the Octave up/down keys to select a range - in this example I chose E3 to D4.
4) I press the pad corresponding the root note - but in this case, instead of creating an E3 it creates a E6 instead.
Yes, it is a known bug which got introduced somewhere around 2.3.x.

Esla wrote: Mr. Moss, if you want any suggestions, an "LED dim" feature would be great for peoples retnas;-)

Cheers!
This +1000 :D

pc999 wrote:
Esla wrote: Mr. Moss, if you want any suggestions, an "LED dim" feature would be great for peoples retnas;-)

Cheers!
Interestingly I want the opposite - a way to boost led colour intensity. The leds are fine at night if working in dark but for day use I can hardly see them sometimes.

Bitwig 2.4 is now in production! But.... when can we expect to find the new Push 2 controller on your page for downloading Bitwig controller extensions? <3

Yokai wrote:Bitwig 2.4 is now in production! But.... when can we expect to find the new Push 2 controller on your page for downloading Bitwig controller extensions? <3
I am on a business travel the whole week, so you need to be patient till the weekend.

Thank you, Jurgen! FWIW I'm using the last beta version you posted and it seems to be working well enough for now.

askewd wrote:
pc999 wrote:

Cheers!
Interestingly I want the opposite - a way to boost led colour intensity. The leds are fine at night if working in dark but for day use I can hardly see them sometimes.
Maybe a silly question but have you got it plugged in with a power pack? Mine really dull when its running from usb only.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

Return to “Controller Scripting”