DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote:
nm91 wrote:Hello, I installed the drivenbymoss extension on reaper on a windows 10 x64 pc, the extension works great except that i cannot figure out how to show the track names on the lower screen where now there are only CH1 CH2 CH3 etc.
I guess you are talking about the icon QCon Pro? You need to open the settings of the MCU extension and enable the 2nd display. You can also simply select "QCon Pro" from the dropdownlist which sets the matching settings for the device.
thanks, yes, i did it already but the second screen is showing just ch1 ch2 etc should i try to remove and add again the device?

unfortunately i did it again and the second screen does not work, it continues to show ch1 ch2 etc... also automations don't work using the software, while if i use it directly with reaper they work...

nm91 wrote:unfortunately i did it again and the second screen does not work, it continues to show ch1 ch2 etc... also automations don't work using the software, while if i use it directly with reaper they work...
I did not see that you are talking about the Reaper version. This is the Bitwig forum. Please post Reaper related questions here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1988209
Stay tuned for a Reaper update soon.

Sorry to report Jurgen, but the latest update did not fix the note sequencer issue.

I'm running OSX High Sierra, Bitwig 2.4 and DrivenByMoss 3, Push 2

When I try and modify the note length or velocity (by holding down a step on the Push and then turning the Quarters or Velocity parameters) it creates a new note instead of modifying the selected one. In this case 14 semitones higher.

I can also get the script to crash if I reduce the Quarters to 0 with the following error:

"Push 2 did something wrong.
Parameter insertDuration must be >0.0"

with the options to disable or restart.

auricle wrote:Sorry to report Jurgen, but the latest update did not fix the note sequencer issue.

I'm running OSX High Sierra, Bitwig 2.4 and DrivenByMoss 3, Push 2

When I try and modify the note length or velocity (by holding down a step on the Push and then turning the Quarters or Velocity parameters) it creates a new note instead of modifying the selected one. In this case 14 semitones higher.

I can also get the script to crash if I reduce the Quarters to 0 with the following error:

"Push 2 did something wrong.
Parameter insertDuration must be >0.0"

with the options to disable or restart.
Ah, yes, this problem is still there. The API is currently not designed to do this. This is just an experiment I tried and forgot to deactivate it again...

Mr Moss

I have another 2 questions

In your instructions for the LPP it says " The arrow keys scroll the grid. Hold Shift to scroll in blocks of 8"

when I press the arrow keys the up and down work, but left and right don't seem to do anything
Also holding the shift doesn't move them in blocks of 8

Launchpad Pro: For "birds eye view" press Shift
holding shift just lights up the 3 top righthand pads in green

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi,

one question about the apc 40 mk II: in the built in version by there is a possibility to set the faders to 0 db maximum...would there be a way to implement it in your script? anyway: thanks for all the work!

peace,
Michi

Thanks to all your feedback, here are a couple of bugfixes :-)

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Ableton Push / Push 2 - 10.10
  • New: Sequencer note change (long press note) displays step and selected note.
  • Fixed: Sequencer note change (long press note) changed the wrong note and length change could become negative.
  • Fixed: Crash in Raindrop sequencer when clip was not playing.
  • Fixed: Implemented a workaround for scrolling browser filters which span more than 1 page.
  • Fixed: Drum 64 did try to scroll octave up/down in steps of 64 instead of 16.
Novation Launchpad Pro & MkII - 3.42
  • Fixed: Pressing Shift did not show birds-eyes-view in Session mode.

Mr Moss

Thankyo for fixing the birds eye view

but I still cant use the Left and Right arrows to scroll through
only the Up and Down arrows seem to work

unless I'm doing something wrong that is more than possible LOL
if I use my pc keyboard arrows it works
cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi Moss

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately I am having difficulty getting the OSC script to talk to my Jazz Mutant Lemur. It has been working happily before with 5.0 of your script.

I replaced the previous version Bitwig extension with the latest and went to Controllers in Bitwig and all the settings seemed to be still there. But nothing worked so I deleted the Controller and added a new OSC for Bitwig Controller and a strange thing happened..the "Receive from (script restart required)" has lost the box to input the Host IP address. The Port box is still there but the Host box has gone. I tried reinstalling but no good.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pinki wrote: Unfortunately I am having difficulty getting the OSC script to talk to my Jazz Mutant Lemur. It has been working happily before with 5.0 of your script.
Sadly, you can currently only use the default values. I hope that Bitwig will provide a fix: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... issues/208

Hello !
I'm new in KVRaudio, I follow the thread since a little while and the update of the Push 2 with your youtube channel, it's very good work !

Since a few month I migrated definitively to linux and I work with Bitwig studio. I have Bitwig 2.4 and your lastest version (10.10) but it dosen't work correctly in my Bitwig software. This bug would not it be specific to linux ?

The Push 2 is automatically detected and I have this 2 messages (in the order of appearance) : "Ableton / Push 2, controller is now ready to use" and after "Push 2 crashed, buU: Could not open device: Access denied (insufficient permissions)" (and I don't have the second application about the display, because I don't need to run now)

I don't now if is me, or if I misconfigured that...

Thank you ! :)

moss wrote:
pinki wrote: Unfortunately I am having difficulty getting the OSC script to talk to my Jazz Mutant Lemur. It has been working happily before with 5.0 of your script.
Sadly, you can currently only use the default values. I hope that Bitwig will provide a fix: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... issues/208
Hi Moss..it's the Host ip address that has disappeared not the Port number. Somehow it always worked before this latest combination of 6.0 and 2.4.

moss wrote:Since Bitwig Studio 2.4 is released, I can finally release the biggest DrivenByMoss Update EVER ;-)
moss, thank you for this update! :party:
The new display drawing integration is huge for me. Plus I really appreciate all the added innovations and refinements I'm discovering with this update.

Is the Push/Push2 controller still using a "beta" API to handle it's display? I noticed just now that the new DrivenByMoss 10.10 still shows "BETA" in red text when you look at Shortcuts > Controllers.

Return to “Controller Scripting”